celeron overclocking - fried?

Old April 27th 04, 01:15 AM
Alan

Default celeron overclocking - fried?

im quite new to overclocking
i got my celeron 2.2 system

i tried to clock it at 4.4 ghz
it booted and started loading windows and then froze

it got to 90 odd celsius in about 1 minutes...

now it wont run stable at even stock speeds? did i **** my celeron up?

if so wat did i do wrong? can i fix it?

alan

Old April 27th 04, 02:18 AM
Cuzman

"Alan" wrote in message

" ...i got my celeron 2.2 system... ...i tried to clock it at 4.4 ghz...
....did i **** my celeron up? "

That's very funny.

Old April 27th 04, 02:56 AM
Moderately Confused

"Cuzman" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote in message

" ...i got my celeron 2.2 system... ...i tried to clock it at 4.4 ghz...
...did i **** my celeron up? "

That's very funny.

This has to be a joke, doesn't it?

MC

Old April 27th 04, 05:07 AM
Ixnei

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:56:39 -0400, Moderately Confused wrote:

"Cuzman" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote in message

" ...i got my celeron 2.2 system... ...i tried to clock it at 4.4 ghz...
...did i **** my celeron up? "

That's very funny.

This has to be a joke, doesn't it?

I've seen benchmarks showing that dog P4-celeron 2.X overclocked to 3.6
and it still gets wolloped by a vanilla P4 2.0. So I doubt it's a joke,
other than it being simply foolish.

But then, I guess he could have just put the bus back at 400 (from 800),
and checked whether it would boot ...

--
We HAVE been at war with Iraq for 13 years now, bombing their
country on at least a weekly basis.