Dimension L866r Graphics Card

Old January 18th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mitch

Default Dimension L866r Graphics Card

Hi,

I need an update for my L866r graphics card. Any thoughts as to where
i should go with this one??

~~Mitch~~

Old January 19th 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Mitch" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I need an update for my L866r graphics card. Any thoughts as to where
i should go with this one??

~~Mitch~~

Mitch -

At the risk of being a smart a$$, that system has integrated/onboard video;
the only other option for video being to add a PCI video/display adapter.

Even with the RAM maxed out to 512mb, what is it that you hope to accomplish
with the system?

Point being, I'd generally recommend any $$$ out of your pocket be pointed
towards a new/newer system.

Stew

Old January 19th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mitch

Well I just wanted it updated for the capability of some games that are
laying around the house, not being used.....I've been looking at the
Radeon 7000 PCI edition, 50.00, seems like a pretty good deal??? Will
it be compatible????

Old January 19th 07, 02:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Mitch" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well I just wanted it updated for the capability of some games that are
laying around the house, not being used.....I've been looking at the
Radeon 7000 PCI edition, 50.00, seems like a pretty good deal??? Will
it be compatible????

Should be compatible, yes.

You don't mention which brand Radeon 7000, and I see that it comes in 32mb
or 64mb flavors.

Newegg.com had 1 or 2 around the $25-30 range, but I just had a quick
glance.

Stew

Old January 19th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mitch

Hi,

I am going to buy one tonight.

Thanks for all your help,