Ben Myers...

Old July 18th 08, 11:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Ben Myers...

Can't Gibson Research spell...or is this a different Ben M. ?

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

p_z
Old July 18th 08, 02:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Gibson Research can't spell my name. A lot of people can't. Their web site
cites a quote from an article I wrote in the last century, mid-90's or even
before. I guess I could pull Steve's chain and ask him to fix the spelling.

.... Ben Myers

Old July 18th 08, 05:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
JayB

spinrite is not all that its cracked up to be.
i'm disappointed in it for data recovery.

Old July 18th 08, 08:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:36:20 -0400, Ben Myers
wrote:

Gibson Research can't spell my name. A lot of people can't. Their web site
cites a quote from an article I wrote in the last century, mid-90's or even
before. I guess I could pull Steve's chain and ask him to fix the spelling.

... Ben Myers

Ben, do you mind emailing me? I have a question that is off topic
here but but has to do with the computing business. I'm not trying to
get personal, just asking one or two general questions. Essentially
I'm asking because inlaw #1 told inlaw #2 how good of a job I did for
#1 so #2 wants the same thing. At least #2 isn't asking to borrow my
car at the same time like #1 did. thanks.
(promise I will obey any privacy issues (if any) you have like I have
for others here when they email me)
Old July 18th 08, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Data recovery is always a crapshoot, even with the most sophisticated and
expensive tools. Back when I reviewed SpinRite, it did not have any data
recovery. Back when I reviewed SpinRite, the prevailing drives were MFM and
RLL, with ESDI and SCSI on servers. IDE was still a wet dream... Ben Myers

Old July 18th 08, 11:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Jul 18, 4:26*pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
Data recovery is always a crapshoot, even with the most sophisticated and
expensive tools. * Back when I reviewed SpinRite, it did not have any data
recovery. *Back when I reviewed SpinRite, the prevailing drives were MFM and
RLL, with ESDI and SCSI on servers. *IDE was still a wet dream... Ben Myers

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:40:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Can't Gibson Research spell...or is this a different Ben M. ?

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

p_z

I think someone should tell Steve G...you are a FORT not a WIENER! 8^)
Old July 19th 08, 09:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Got an email back from Steve Gibson. He said that his SpinRite page now has a
correct spelling for my name. It does... Ben

Old July 20th 08, 01:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

On Jul 19, 3:46*pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
Got an email back from Steve Gibson. *He said that his SpinRite page now has a
correct spelling for my name. *It does... Ben

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:40:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Can't Gibson Research spell...or is this a different Ben M. ?

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

p_z

He must read here...Steve, your products are bloated and expensive.

I use Avast and Kerio's free firewall. I wouldn't consider buying from
anyone as money oriented as you.
Old July 20th 08, 05:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

wrote:
Can't Gibson Research spell...or is this a different Ben M. ?

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

p_z

He must read here...Steve, your products are bloated and expensive.

I use Avast and Kerio's free firewall. I wouldn't consider buying from
anyone as money oriented as you.

Money oriented? Selling a product for a fair price?

What do you do for a living that is so altruistic?

Old July 20th 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

wrote:
Can't Gibson Research spell...or is this a different Ben M. ?

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

p_z

He must read here...Steve, your products are bloated and expensive.

I use Avast and Kerio's free firewall. I wouldn't consider buying from
anyone as money oriented as you.

Money oriented? *Selling a product for a fair price?

What do you do for a living that is so altruistic?

You are entitled to your opinion...as I am.

I work at a nursing home, but I get paid for most of my time.

Ping: Ben Myers William R. Walsh Dell Computers 0 June 10th 08 01:03 AM
To Ben Myers J.Lef Gateway Computers 1 May 6th 08 03:06 AM
PINGL Ben Myers Lee Gateway Computers 16 November 7th 06 10:08 PM
Hey Ben Myers....... TR Gateway Computers 3 March 4th 05 09:15 AM