Low heat computers harder to spy on ?

Old January 13th 15, 02:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Low heat computers harder to spy on ?

Hello,

This little news item:

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/100770/ap...rosoft-af.html

makes me wonder if another good reason to buy low heat computers is better
privacy protection.

In other word perhaps low heat computers are harder to spy on ?!

As spying increases more and more, perhaps low heat computers will be come
more and more popular

Bye,
Skybuck

Old January 13th 15, 02:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Anyway what ever the case may be, chips and hardware that is designed to
leak less side channel information will receive some of my attention !

So I do hope to see some better hardware in the future for more privacy
protection and bussiness secrets protection.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old January 14th 15, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Robert Baer[_2_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:
As spying increases more and more, perhaps low heat computers will be
come more and more popular

You mean low power. Which has *NOTHING* to do with spying.
You want to decrease spying to zero?
Easy.
Keep the computer OFF.

Old January 14th 15, 08:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

It does have to do with spying.

Electro magnetic fields are generated by the processor and other stuff.

These can be measured.

My question is basically if low power devices have lower "electro magnetic
field signatures" as high powered ones.

I would aspect the answer to be yes.

So low heat/low power computers probably harder to spy on them high
heat/high power computers.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old January 14th 15, 09:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Casper H.S. Dik[_2_]

Robert Baer writes:

You mean low power. Which has *NOTHING* to do with spying.
You want to decrease spying to zero?
Easy.
Keep the computer OFF.

And remove the mains/batteries...

Casper
Old January 14th 15, 09:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:53:03 +0100, Skybuck Flying wrote:

It does have to do with spying.

Electro magnetic fields are generated by the processor and other stuff.

These can be measured.

My question is basically if low power devices have lower "electro
magnetic field signatures" as high powered ones.

I would aspect the answer to be yes.

So low heat/low power computers probably harder to spy on them high
heat/high power computers.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Alright, who broke the 13 year old mentality idiot filter AGAIN!???
Old January 14th 15, 09:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Casper H.S. Dik[_2_]

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno writes:

Alright, who broke the 13 year old mentality idiot filter AGAIN!???

Mine works, but if people continue to reply ... (guilty)

Casper
Old January 14th 15, 10:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Ian Malcolm

Casper H.S. Dik wrote in news:54b6336b$0$2870
:

Robert Baer writes:

You mean low power. Which has *NOTHING* to do with spying.
You want to decrease spying to zero?
Easy.
Keep the computer OFF.

And remove the mains/batteries...

Casper

RF at frequences of over 30KHz is typically attenuated to the point of
indetectibity by 1m of seawater.
== immerse computer + operator under a minimum of 2m of seawater and
take precautions to ensure they remain continuously immersed.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL
Old January 14th 15, 03:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design

Robert Baer writes:

You mean low power. Which has *NOTHING* to do with spying.
You want to decrease spying to zero?
Easy.
Keep the computer OFF.

And remove the mains/batteries...

Casper

RF at frequences of over 30KHz is typically attenuated to the point of
indetectibity by 1m of seawater.
== immerse computer + operator under a minimum of 2m of seawater and
take precautions to ensure they remain continuously immersed.

Bwuahahahahaha I like this one!

A video of someone working on a machine, sitting next to a coral reef
with the fishies swimming past would make a great screensaver.

Scrolling message...

"I am currently unavailable... This may even be me..."
Old January 15th 15, 12:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Robert Baer[_2_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:
It does have to do with spying.

Electro magnetic fields are generated by the processor and other stuff.

These can be measured.

My question is basically if low power devices have lower "electro
magnetic field signatures" as high powered ones.

THAT is NOT the source that "spies" use.
Just look at the telephone line (dial-up, DSL) or cable that you use
to connect to the internet.
Easy pickings for governments.
Ours have been doing this illegal crap for quite a while; ever hear
about PRISM?
Power level of te computer,like i said,has NOTHING to do with that.
Wake up.