No new Catalyst Control Center (CCC) for Windows XP users.

Old December 14th 10, 04:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

Default No new Catalyst Control Center (CCC) for Windows XP users.

According to
http://www.rage3d.com/articles/catal...investigation/ ...

"Now, as we move into the second year of the second decade of the third
millennium, we have AMD's revamped and reworked driver and hardware
interface. Support for Windows XP is dropped, and the new Catalyst
Control Center targets Windows 7 users - Vista platforms will need to
upgrade to .NET 3.5.1 and Windows Presentation Foundation."

I wonder what happens if an XP user tries to install the suite with this
new CCC.
--
"Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw
from us. We need hours of aimless wandering or spates of time sitting on
Old December 15th 10, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang

I wonder what happens if an XP user tries to install the suite with this
new CCC.

If he/she used old Radeons, it should not affect him/her.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.36.2
Old December 15th 10, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/15/2010 12:16 AM PT, Man-wai Chang typed:

I wonder what happens if an XP user tries to install the suite with this
new CCC.

If he/she used old Radeons, it should not affect him/her.

Is 4870 old?
--
"I killed an ant, now all my relatives are afraid of me." --unknown
Old December 16th 10, 06:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang

If he/she used old Radeons, it should not affect him/her.

Is 4870 old?

Current generation is 6xxx. So ...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.36.2
^ ^ 14:48:01 up 2 days 1:04 3 users load average: 0.02 0.01 0.00
Old December 18th 10, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/15/2010 10:58 PM PT, Man-wai Chang typed:

If he/she used old Radeons, it should not affect him/her.

Is 4870 old?

Current generation is 6xxx. So ...

Dang it. I only had 4870 for a couple years. At least it is way
faster than those onboards. :P
--
"A marvelous creature. A model of specialization... Who else could suck
an ant up his nose and enjoy it?" --About anteaters, "B.C." strip by
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| |
Ant is/was listening to a song on this computer: R-Type I.hes ($2F)
Old December 20th 10, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang

Dang it. I only had 4870 for a couple years. At least it is way
faster than those onboards. :P

I am still using 4850 with DuOrb cooler.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.36.2
^ ^ 23:36:02 up 3 days 6:52 2 users load average: 1.16 1.06 1.01
Old December 20th 10, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/20/2010 7:44 AM PT, Man-wai Chang typed:

Dang it. I only had 4870 for a couple years. At least it is way
faster than those onboards. :P

I am still using 4850 with DuOrb cooler.

I use the default/stock speeds and its fans. I don't game much these
days anymore.
--
"Ant colonies are remarkably similar to cities. No one choreographs the
action, not even the queen ant, but ant behavior is controlled by swarm
Old December 21st 10, 09:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Man-wai Chang

I am still using 4850 with DuOrb cooler.

I use the default/stock speeds and its fans. I don't game much these
days anymore.

I am still trying to finish all those old DirectX 8/9 games....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.36.2
^ ^ 17:07:01 up 4 days 23 min 2 users load average: 1.05 1.05 1.02
Old December 21st 10, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 12/21/2010 1:12 AM PT, Man-wai Chang typed:

I am still using 4850 with DuOrb cooler.

I use the default/stock speeds and its fans. I don't game much these
days anymore.

I am still trying to finish all those old DirectX 8/9 games....

Haha, which ones?

I still have C&C3:KW, World in Conflict, Oblivion, SW:Battlefronts,
C&C:G 0 Hour (generals missions), Crysis, etc. to finish. I also have
TONS of game demos. However, I don't know if I will ever do.
--
"She's got ants in her pants." --unknown