Vista and A8R-MVP?

Old January 28th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry

Default Vista and A8R-MVP?

Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.
Old January 28th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
DaveW

You know you Have to use Vista capable drivers for your devices to work. XP
drivers will NOT work.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old January 29th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry

DaveW wrote:
You know you Have to use Vista capable drivers for your devices to work. XP
drivers will NOT work.

So far, Asus has no Vista drivers for this motherboard.

As installed Vista does not see the ATI display card or the monitor at
all. I get some generic display/monitor. The ATI VISTA driver will not
load, possibly because Vista is not seeing the ATI board? Nor does Vista
appear to have any other video drivers than a few for Intel.

FWIW I also had no sound after installing Vista. Soundmax/Analog Devices
has no drivers at all, deferring to the MB manufacturer (Asus in this
case). So I installed the XP sound driver from Asus. It did install,
although with fewer options, and I do now have working sound. So XP
drivers WILL, in some cases, work. Would real XP drivers work better?
most likely.

So my question remains, has anyone gotten this MB working with Vista,
either a preview version or the RTM version? Is Asus planning on release
Vista drivers?

Not knowing how old this preview is I wouldn't be surprised that the RTM
version has a better chance of working out of the box.
Old January 29th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Mike

"Jerry" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.

Did you try the ATI website for Vista drivers ??? They have them listed
!!!!

Old January 29th 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry McBride

Jerry wrote:

DaveW wrote:
[...]

Hey! A perfect time to run out and buy some Vista Certified Hardware... :')

--

Jerry McBride
Old January 29th 07, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
loverboy

Jerry McBride blabbered in
:

Jerry wrote:

DaveW wrote:
[...]

More like a perfect time to load a Linux distro and use a REAL OS for a
change.
Old January 29th 07, 04:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Venom

"Jerry" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.

I think you would be better off waiting untill you get the retail version of
Vista and load the service pack Microsoft are writing in a hurry for it
before you go wasting your time with Vista.

Old January 29th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry

Mike wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.

Did you try the ATI website for Vista drivers ??? They have them listed
!!!!

Yes I did. It won't load.
Old January 29th 07, 05:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry

Venom wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.

I think you would be better off waiting untill you get the retail version of
Vista and load the service pack Microsoft are writing in a hurry for it
before you go wasting your time with Vista.

I've been thinking along that line, too. At least wait for the RTM
version to show. Last I heard the SP will be toward the end of the year
Old January 29th 07, 06:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jerry

Venom wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
Has anyone gotten Vista working with an A8R-MVP board? When I try it
with my recent Vista preview edition it doesn't see any video card or
monitor. Nothing in Device Manager at all, not even an unknown entry.
The ATI drivers won't load.

I think you would be better off waiting untill you get the retail version of
Vista and load the service pack Microsoft are writing in a hurry for it
before you go wasting your time with Vista.

I've been thinking the same thing. Wait for my RTM to show up. The first
SP won't be until late this year is what I read somewhere.