Anyone have an old bios for the PB810 / FM530 Motherboard

Old January 10th 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

Default Anyone have an old bios for the PB810 / FM530 Motherboard

Does anyone have an OLD version of the bios for the Packard Bell 810
motherboard - also known as the FM350

I currently flashed to the latest bios available 1.25i
However, it will not let me restore my system from the Master CD now.
I was hoping for an earlier version of this bios please.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old January 10th 08, 02:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Jan 9, 8:48*pm, Was Immer ) wrote:
Does anyone have an OLD version of the bios for the Packard Bell 810
motherboard - also known as the FM350

I currently flashed to the latest bios available 1.25i
However, it will not let me restore my system from the Master CD now. *
I was hoping for an earlier version of this bios please.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

You must find someone who has an 810MB and is willing to mod the bios.
The Restore CD should work.
What error are you receiving when using restore CD.
Old January 10th 08, 07:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

I guess I'm going to buy a new or replacement motherboard off of
FleeBay. I upgraded the BIOS and it will not restore. It stops mid-
way through restore.

Just freezes.

Thanks anyways

On Jan 9, 8:48=A0pm, Was Immer ) wrote:
Does anyone have an OLD version of the bios for the Packard Bell 810
motherboard - also known as the FM350

I currently flashed to the latest bios available 1.25i
However, it will not let me restore my system from the Master CD

now. =A0

Old January 10th 08, 12:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hello Was !

"Was Immer" wrote in message news:47856b64$0$5122

I currently flashed to the latest bios available 1.25i
However, it will not let me restore my system from the Master CD now.
I was hoping for an earlier version of this bios please.

I'm thinking that something might be set wrong in BIOS, or there is a
problem with the CD, or other. ( see below )

What OS are you trying to install ? Try a different CD or OS and see what
happens. There could also be a coincidental hardware problem. ( I'm
currently repairing a motherboard that has bad electrolytic capacitors. One
OS CD *will* install, but another one won't for example. )

If it's getting part of the way through an install and freezing, this
usually means that there is a compatibility problem, usually the video
driver.

You might also try re-seating the memory simms, or swapping them out.

I would not give up on this, because I'm doubting the BIOS upgrade is the
real problem. You might have had this same problem *even if you had not
flashed the BIOS* and were trying to do a re-install for whatever the reason
is that you are doing it in the first place. After all, there is a reason
you are doing both, and we don't know the full details yet.

In other words, what did you try first ? Were you re-installing your OS,
and it failed so you flashed the BIOS, or did you flash the BIOS for some
reason, then try to re-install your OS? Why do both? Was there a problem
with the OS *before* the flash, or after ? Rarely does someone do both
things at the same time.

So I'm suspecting that the flash is not the real problem here.

( but it could be. :-)

bobwatts

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old January 10th 08, 02:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Jan 10, 8:30*am, "Robert E. Watts" wrote:
[...]

It has been my experience with may PB systems that a Restore half way
through has
had nothing to do with bios.
I have seen this numerous times.

Very often it is the HD is too full .
I always recommend formatting the HD first.

I also recommend making sure the master CD is clean and scratch free.
I also recommend that if you have a system that boots from the CD but
also has the
option to use the restore floppy with the CD-then use the floppy.

I also need to know the Master CD # and or floppy #.

If the failure is somewhere near mid way and how you know that is
beyond me
it is either ram drive problem or a available memory on fixed disk
problem and most like
fixed disk.

Could it be bios problem
Yes but usually this ocuurs after a 1st reboot during restore and
after all info has been placed on HD

Could it still be bios
Yes
How likely
Less than 50% certainty
Old January 29th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

"Was Immer" wrote in message
g.com...
Does anyone have an OLD version of the bios for the Packard Bell 810
motherboard - also known as the FM350

I currently flashed to the latest bios available 1.25i
However, it will not let me restore my system from the Master CD now.
I was hoping for an earlier version of this bios please.

restore CD's are typically tied to the bios

However...any generic win95/98 cd should be able to give you your OS back