OK use SB Live Drive IR front panel with Audigy 2 ZS ?

Old December 5th 03, 12:19 AM
Jeff Galli

Default OK use SB Live Drive IR front panel with Audigy 2 ZS ?

I am replacing an SB Live Drive IR card with an Audigy 2 ZS. I want to use the Live Drive front panel with the Audigy. The only difference between the Live Drive front panel and the Audigy front panel is that the Audigy has a firewire port. Other than that, all the other connectors and controls are the same, and are even laid out in the same place.

However, the ribbon connectors on the two cards are laid out differently.

So....... the question is..... if I connect my SB live front panel to the Audigy 2 card (a) will the connectors work and (b) will I fry my new Audigy card?

I suppose there is one more question: did Creative change the connector configuration so folks like me could NOT use their Live Drive front panels with the Audigy 2?

Thanks for the help.

--

-- Jeff

http://www.gallilaw.com/

Old December 5th 03, 02:16 AM
Lenny

I'd say it is a fair assumption your computer will catch fire if you connect
your old livedrive with the new audigy...

I wonder: why did you not buy the front panel version of the Audigy in the
first place?

Old December 5th 03, 03:26 AM
Aloke Prasad

You can cause serious damage (electrical short circuit) if you do so.

Check out Creative's own news server at

news.creativelabs.com

They have lots of discussion on issues relating to their products over
there..
--
Aloke
----