Just some advice please !!

Old July 7th 03, 01:55 PM
torr

Default Just some advice please !!

its hard too tell , maybe a tad low

i get around 12500 on a ti4200 oc'ed to 270/540 on a gigabyte ga8ppe800
ultra running a piv2.53 gig at 2.92 and memory @ 385 mhz, which is how i
have the comp setup for everyday use. also using the settings i have for
every day use

i would suspect you havent trimmed your graphic card settings in the
display/settings/advanced options to give you optimum performance at the
sacrifice of quality, which most people seem to do for the test.
but theres no point tweaking just for performance for the test, unless u
just want a high score.

what speed is your processor that could be holding u back.
running your memory faster seems to help (overclocking), did me
this test i wreckon is only good for your own benifit to compare to mods you
do to your comp, like hardware changes driver and/or software changes,
because there r so many settings and variables that can effect the final
score.
but it does give u an idea what to expect +- 1000 points
torr

"Loupole" wrote in message
I have a GeForce 4 TI4600 4x AGP card...It on a Abit IT7 (845-E)
motherboard, with 1GB 2700 Ram...

I did a 3DMark2001 SE Test and got a score of 11655 is that a good score

for
the graphics card or should I upgrade to a newer 8x...

Sometimes when I overclock it I get about 12000-13000 somewhere in

between..

Loupole