WARNING! Asus P4P800 BIOS revision 1008 has problems.

Old July 2nd 03, 05:43 AM
Steve Colburn

Default WARNING! Asus P4P800 BIOS revision 1008 has problems.

"Raven" wrote in message ...
I haven't seen much discussion of this, but when I updated my BIOS to 1008
there were problems. Upon rebooting from the BIOS flash I got an error
message telling me the checksum was bad. I did see one message here where
somebody else said they had this same problem. I also got an "Overclocking
failed!" error (even though I do not overclock or use turbo mode!) When I
went into BIOS settings all my previous settings had been lost (including
time.) So far I've kept the 1008 BIOS, but at seemingly random times the
BIOS splash screen will be up for an awfuly long time and sometimes it's
quick. There are other little eratic problems as well.

Has anyone updated to this BIOS revision with no problems? I'm curious
because I haven't seen much discussion about it. But this board is brand
new and the first thing I did was update the BIOS to 1007, then when 1008
was released 2 days later I updated to that. I get the feeling it's the
BIOS revision and not me.

Updated last night -- not one problem. I did get the O'c-ing error, but after setting everything up in BIOS (which is normal - if I
remember right), it works fantastic. My memory scores went up about 400 points on Sandra Max. I've not checked the other yet.

Flawless.

Steve

Old July 2nd 03, 10:21 AM
John Smith

Who's Sandra? OK, I know it is some form of software test but what does it
do and where can I get it from?

Thanks,

J.