Rambus, Hynix and JEDEC

Old July 17th 06, 10:19 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks
Ar Q

Default Rambus, Hynix and JEDEC

News from Bloomberg:

"A federal court jury in April awarded Rambus the $307 million, agreeing
with its claims that Ichon, South Korea-based Hynix infringed patents
covering aspects of dynamic random access memory, or DRAM, the main memory
used in computers.

In a third and final portion of the case, Hynix will argue Rambus, based in
Los Altos, California, attended meetings of a memory-chip standards panel
without disclosing patents it would later enforce. Hynix argues the Rambus
patents are unenforceable.

Rambus has said it made all the required disclosures to the memory-chip
standards committee, called the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council."

Is this the first time that IEEE JEDEC subcommittee gathered world major
semiconductor manufactures to establish an electronic device standard, then
after all parties invest billions of dollars, they found out that the
standard contains patents from some company? It seems to me that it is very
unfair for all memory makers to pay 4.5% royalty on all DDR and DDR2 DRAMs
sold in USA.

And I think it will be more difficult for USA as the leader to gather all
countries to establish technology standards. Not good for earth
civilization. To correct wrong doing, I think FTC will punish Rambus
severely. Anti trust suit against Rambus is a good start and is the first
step to re-establish USA creditability.

Old July 18th 06, 02:59 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks
The little lost angel

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:19:41 GMT, "Ar Q"
wrote:

civilization. To correct wrong doing, I think FTC will punish Rambus
severely. Anti trust suit against Rambus is a good start and is the first
step to re-establish USA creditability.

Let's be practical, regardless of what actually happened, most of the
major memory makers are non-US companies while Rambus is an US
company.

--
A Lost Angel, fallen from heaven
Lost in dreams, Lost in aspirations,
Old July 18th 06, 05:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks
Simon Yee

American have too much domination or rather should I say
"Monopolistical" Attitude like Intel, Microsoft and RAMBUS.

They have no moral no integrity and no brains.

Between selling something that works and something that is a wast of
time.

Let's not forget Worldcom = Worldcon
Enron case

The american should quit shuffling useless technology into the market.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO RAMBUS !@#@$@%#@$%

Old July 18th 06, 09:33 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.invest.stocks
BrunoR

Simon Yee wrote:

American have too much domination or rather should I say
"Monopolistical" Attitude like Intel, Microsoft and RAMBUS.

They have no moral no integrity and no brains.

Between selling something that works and something that is a wast of
time.

Please--don't forget that Americans are Individuals! If you don't know
their
names then please don't contribute condemnations like what you're saying!