No Response during MIDI input test

Old June 29th 03, 08:32 PM
Tom Gonzalez

Default No Response during MIDI input test

I get no sound when I attempt to play *.mid file or from a
midi device (Yamaha PSR-170 keyboard). In the MIDI
device drop down menu, SBLive! MIDI UART is the only
option. I can play .wav, .mp3 files no problem.

I loaded Voyetra's "Teach me piano". Everything seems to
work just fine except that during the "MIDI input test", I get
no sound from my computer when I kit the keys of the
keyboard."

I am using a MIDI adaptor. I have double checked to In-
Out ports. I do not have any IRQ conflicts. The MIDI
function on my keyboard is enabled.

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com

Old June 30th 03, 04:10 PM
John K

Have you got Midi In going to Midi Out in your cables? The two midi plugs
do not go, as you might suppose, In to In and Out to Out, but rather In to
Out in both cases. But then again, you probably have done this correctly
anyway.
HTH
John Kelly

Old July 6th 03, 08:24 PM
Tom Gonzalez

Thanks for the help. I finally got it to work by replacing the MIDI adapter
cable with a new one.

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com