Extigy vs Audigy

Old June 25th 03, 12:02 PM
Matt

Default Extigy vs Audigy

"Covak" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
I think the Extigy might stress your USB bandwidth, which can be a problem
if you're using other USB devices on the same USB hub.

I could be full of poo though, sorry. As active as this ng is though, I
thought I might as well post my 2 cents

Something about a USB soundcard just rubs me the wrong way...

Yeah. I am not so sure either that a USB soundcard has the same effective
bandwidth of a PCI soundcard. Until someone proves that statement wrong, I
will have to look elsewhere.

Matt

Old June 28th 03, 03:32 AM

On 23-Jun-2003, "Covak" wrote:

I think the Extigy might stress your USB bandwidth, which can be a problem
if you're using other USB devices on the same USB hub.

If it can work with USB 1, USB 2 should be OK.

I could be full of poo though, sorry. As active as this ng is though, I
thought I might as well post my 2 cents

Something about a USB soundcard just rubs me the wrong way...

Yeah, but being able to run it with a laptop, or move it easily to a new
computer is attractive.