Which mobo to buy

Old February 12th 04, 01:54 PM
Skid

"TboXx" wrote in message
news
Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family computer. All

it
would be used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full

of
any specs or anything.,

Why stop at the board? Did you ever consider a compact barebones system like
one of these? Seem made to order for your use. Plug in a cpu, hard drive and
CD and you're good to go.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...tby=14&order=1

Old February 12th 04, 07:23 PM
Paul

In article , "TboXx"
wrote:

It doesnt really matter if its Intel or AMD. I was just waiting on board
suggestions before i decided on the components

Well, I hope you've learned a lesson here. Never step into a room
full of gun-slingers and yell "fire!" :-)))

Paul
Old February 12th 04, 09:42 PM
Heckler ²°°³

Skid wrote:
"TboXx" wrote in message
news
Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family
computer. All it would be used for is the internet basically. So it
doesnt need to be full of any specs or anything.,

Why stop at the board? Did you ever consider a compact barebones
system like one of these? Seem made to order for your use. Plug in a
cpu, hard drive and CD and you're good to go.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...anufactory=146
5&catalog=3&DEPA=0&sortby=14&order=1

Gotta agree on those, great machines.. some friends have them, and I'm
thinking of getting one myself to hook up to the TV and surround amp in the
lounge.

I'm just waiting for the 400FSB athlon ones to start appearing in the UK...
not seen them on any of my usual sites yet.

Old February 13th 04, 11:04 AM
JM

"John Dodge" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:52:43 +1100, "JM" wrote:

Well he didn't say he was using a P4 either stupid.

Well, he didn't say he wanted to use an AMD cpu either, idiot.

Are you a Parrot by chance?
One more time.....He said he wanted a machine capable of "mainly internet
use" and you suggested an overpriced sledge hammer to crack a wallnut.You
must be one of those morons that think the net runs faster with a P4 and
better yet with a genuine Intel chipset and motherboard.

Even if he was using a P4 already you still could have suggested a

cheaper
P4 board,

Show me one P4 mb cheaper at that website I used.

So is that the only site on the net you know of moron.? Not my fault you
don't know where cheap PC gear is available, ****wit.

in fact you can find cheaper (by few $$) P4 equivalents to what I
suggested. Either way... P4 or AMD he doesn't need a board like you
suggested for the task he outlined he needs it to perform "All it would

be
used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be full of any
specs or anything."

Yea, but the thing is, dumbass, they are all "full of specs" no matter
how much you pay.

"YeaH, but" There is no "but" moron. The board you suggested is over specced
and overpriced for the job he specified he wanted it to do, ****wit.

The mb I chose is just a good clean and rock solid mb for a reaonable

prices.

So what meaning is in the term "just a good clean" ? Are you a car salesman
or something? "reaonable prices" Think the "S" that should be in
reaSonable went awol on you.

What kind of idiot is going to knock that choice?

Obviously someone a lot smarter than you are, who realises he doesn't have
to spend that much to use the internet, moron.

Though the question is totally irrelevant to what was asked it wouldn't
matter even if he did have those as they can be transferred just as

easily
to an all in one board which is bloody cheaper anyway and just as capable

in
Internet tasks as the one you suggested stupid

Pull your head out your arse and examine the headers before making such
moronically stupid claims, besides the posts not originating from the

same
isp, the isp's themselves are on different continents

Humorless kraut.

Now that's just plain racist. Let me guess??? You've scratched your head in
confusion and tried very hard to examine the headers again. You've seen
"news.uni-berlin.de" and jumped to the conclusion I'm German and in Germany.
Here's a clue ****wit... I've got no German ancestry at all, and nor do I
live there. I've also got a great sense of humour and have enjoyed plenty of
laughs within this thread thanks to your bumbling ineptitude at both giving
advice and trading insults. LMAO

Old February 15th 04, 08:41 PM
Gordon Scott

TboXx wrote:

It doesnt really matter if its Intel or AMD. I was just waiting on board
suggestions before i decided on the components

"JM" wrote in message

"John Dodge" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:57:25 GMT, "TboXx"
wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on a decent board to buy for a family computer.

All
it
would be used for is the internet basically. So it doesnt need to be

full
of
any specs or anything.,
Thanks - Mike

This one. You don't say for which cpu or ram you will be using.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...pn=BOXD865PERL

Total overkill for what he intends to use it for.
A KM400 based all in one board and cheap Athlon or Duron would more than
suffice for those duties along with a substantial savings in cost.

I suggest you get an AMD based system, as per your stated needs, anything
else would be overkill, my suggestion is an ECS K7S0M
http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7som_c.html

there are 2 boards in this configuration one has a 1600cpu the other a
2000.
This board has awesome value and most everything you need is integrated
on the board.
Takes SDRAM or DDR RAM

Gordon

Bad mobo? wayneP Homebuilt PC's 7 December 23rd 04 10:00 AM
can mobo run unsupported cpus in underclock mode? sharon Homebuilt PC's 4 December 20th 04 12:21 PM
Help with overclocking Duron on gigabyte mobo! matiii Overclocking AMD Processors 9 June 8th 04 11:06 AM
What can I do about my dead mobo? Zenobia General 3 January 5th 04 09:30 PM
How to connect front audio ports to mobo *Vanguard* General 5 December 17th 03 09:35 PM