Caution with bitcointalk.org

Old May 28th 15, 01:30 AM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Caution with bitcointalk.org

Hello,

For some reason I cannot reset my password on bitcointalk.org.

I find this somewhat suspicious.

There is "news" going around that they got "hacked" / "social engineered".

How does this explain the inability to reset passwords ?

No e-mail link/message/confirmation is received.

At least not on my e-mail address.

I wonder if my e-mail address was changed or if I put it in wrongly or
something different, I don't think so though.

And I also pretty sure my e-mail address was correct because I did receive a
warning from their message board.

For now it could simply be that this functionality is disabled, working bad
or has a back log.

However perhaps the server is taken over by hostile forces to collect
passwords.

Therefore I do feel it's warranted to give out a little warning to anybody
that wants to hear it:

If you used your bitcointalk forum password for anything else, you may not
want to type it into the forum's login function until this mystery is
cleared up.

Also it may be possible to create a duplicate of this website and pretend to
be the real thing and collect login/password information that way.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 3rd 15, 05:28 AM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Ok resetting passwords works again...

Going to fix some of my postings ! LOL... (via new replies )

Some logic bugs in em ! LOL.

I am not too sharp anymore... hot... little sleep but going to do it anyway
! =D

Too funny.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 3rd 15, 05:29 AM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

I'll close door for added concentration..

Busses outside... driving nuts... distracting...

Yeaaah,

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old July 3rd 15, 09:46 AM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:
I'll close door for added concentration..

Busses outside... driving nuts... distracting...

Yeaaah,

Bye,
Skybuck.

That doesn't seem like a very well run forum.
More like a three-ring circus.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1068439.0

Paul
Old July 3rd 15, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

"
That doesn't seem like a very well run forum.
More like a three-ring circus.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1068439.0
"

Lol nice find... maybe this was indeed the cause of it back then...

A bit harsh to call it a three ring circus lol... the ammount of postings is
huge there !

I think so far it's run pretty well... never had any problems with it except
this one case

Bye,
Skybuck