Important: Update your nvidia geforce/graphics driver to be secure !

Old May 28th 18, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Important: Update your nvidia geforce/graphics driver to be secure !

I noticed my system crashing while playing this bubble game on agar.io website.

Blue screen of death

Driver nvlddmkm.sys was at fault.

I just checked nvidia's latest driver and it is confirmed that this driver is buggy and not only that but it has some serious security risks !

Therefore I highly recommend everybody to update their driver !

Better be safe than sorry ! This is a big one, see below:

Release 390 Graphics Drivers for Windows, Version 391.35

Cut & Pasted important infos:

Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgkDdiEscape where a NULL pointer dereference may lead to Denial of Service or Escalation of Privileges.

Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer handler for DxgkDdiEscape where the software uses a sequential operation to read or write a buffer, but it uses an
incorrect length value that causes it to access memory that is outside of the bounds of the buffer which may lead to denial of service or possib
le escalation of privileges.

Vulnerability in kernel mode layer handler where a NULL pointer dereference may lead to denial of service or potential escalation of privileges.

Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer (nvlddmkm.sys) handler for DxgkDdiEscape where a NULL pointer dereference occurs which may lead to denial of service or
possible escalation of privileges.

Vulnerability in Directx 10 Usermode driver, where specially crafted pixel shad
er can cause writing to unallocated memory which may lead to denial of service
or potential code execution.

Vulnerability in the kernel mode layer handler for DxgkDdiEscape where the software allows an actor access to restricted functionality that is unnecessary to production usage, and which may result in denial of service.

Vulnerability in DirectX and OpenGL Usermode drivers where specially crafted pixel shader can cause infinite recursion which may lead to denial of service.

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: Will update driver after these important postings ! If no further communication from me assumed everything went fine ! =D