Can I use SDRAM with Sempron? New mobo available?

Old March 1st 05, 11:47 AM
Bill Woods

Default Can I use SDRAM with Sempron? New mobo available?

Can I use my old SDRAM with a Sempron processor?

Are there any current mobos I can still buy which will support this
combination?

Old March 1st 05, 02:43 PM
JK (at mail dot dk)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:47:58 -0000, "Bill Woods"
wrote:

Can I use my old SDRAM with a Sempron processor?

Are there any current mobos I can still buy which will support this
combination?

No

/John
Old March 1st 05, 09:35 PM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:47:58 +0000, Bill Woods wrote:

Can I use my old SDRAM with a Sempron processor?

Yes. As long as you leave it in the same MB it's in now.

Are there any current mobos I can still buy which will support this
combination?

All current ram modules are SDRAM. Even the DDR and DDRII modules are
SDRAM, so you really haven't given one much to go on. What you should have
asked is how will a Sempron model XXXX+ work in a make/model MB.

But before you do that, see Sempron in one of the links below.

Bad mobo? wayneP Homebuilt PC's 7 December 23rd 04 10:00 AM
Sempron or Barton Grim Overclocking AMD Processors 2 November 26th 04 03:19 PM
Sempron 2800+ ABIT AN7 for budget 'organ transplant'? [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 6 September 13th 04 04:33 AM
What can I do about my dead mobo? Zenobia General 3 January 5th 04 09:30 PM
How to connect front audio ports to mobo *Vanguard* General 5 December 17th 03 09:35 PM