DNS / DHCP / Wireless vs Wired

Old August 22nd 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default DNS / DHCP / Wireless vs Wired

Description of a new problem I am having:

- I have a new D-Link wireless router (WBR-1310)
- I have two WinXP PCs plugged directly into the router (it has 4
ethernet slots + wireless).
- I have a Pocket PC (UTStarCom 6700 PPC) running Windows Mobile 5.0 w/
wireless

Whenever the Pocket PC comes on the network via wireless, it often
disconnects the other two PCs. Specifically: it disconnects only DNS
for the two PCs (meaning: downloads and torrents will continue, you are
not fully disconnected, but web http access is no longer possible. When
you open the browser and go to www.google.com or whatever it will say
"Connecting to site 72.14.207.14" and then just stop there).

Clues: All 3 computers are set for dynamic IP's, and nothing is wrong
with the way the router's DHCP is assigning IP's, they arent
conflicting, etc. When these "black outs" happen, I can still access
all 3 computers on the LAN, but I cant access the router via
192.168.0.1 like I normally can, downloads continue, but I cant access
any websites.

I know DLink sucks, but by chance, does anyone recognize this specific
problem?

Thanks