HP 20000C unpredictable (revisited)

Old April 2nd 08, 08:40 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John

Default HP 20000C unpredictable (revisited)

I took the thing apart and found the Printhead Cleaning Assembly to be
majorly gunked up with what looked like tar. Thoroughly cleaned with
warm water and a toothbrush. Soaked cleaning pad in warm water, came
out
nice and white. This printer isn't very difficult to work on, although
a bit fiddly. Apart from the printhead cleaning assembly the rest of
it looks like new. I suspect it's a time thing.

Printer now works like a dream, smooth, quiet, quick and EXCELLENT
print quality.

Thanks to Bill T at www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/4271

John Mackesy
Old April 2nd 08, 11:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

And thank you for informing the group of the fix you found for the
problem. Another one for the notebook for the next time this kind of
issue comes up. ;-)

Art

Old April 2nd 08, 04:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
GMAN[_4_]

John wrote:
I took the thing apart and found the Printhead Cleaning Assembly to be
majorly gunked up with what looked like tar. Thoroughly cleaned with
warm water and a toothbrush. Soaked cleaning pad in warm water, came
out
nice and white. This printer isn't very difficult to work on, although
a bit fiddly. Apart from the printhead cleaning assembly the rest of
it looks like new. I suspect it's a time thing.

Printer now works like a dream, smooth, quiet, quick and EXCELLENT
print quality.

Thanks to Bill T at www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/4271

John Mackesy

I agree with Arthur, the time we who help out is made worth it by the OP
coming back into the newsgroup and telling us if the fix was a success or not.

Thanks John for telling us and thanks Arthur for all the help you give
everyone here.

HP 2000C unpredictable John Printers 6 March 25th 08 12:02 AM
Hyperthreading revisited! [email protected] General 0 November 19th 05 03:41 PM
USB version revisited Ken Knecht Compaq Computers 3 March 11th 05 05:24 AM
Optiplex GX-150 revisited Mikko Peltoniemi Dell Computers 5 June 15th 04 02:45 AM
apature revisited JAD Ati Videocards 4 September 5th 03 03:18 AM