ACER ALTOS 1200 - floppy?

Old June 11th 09, 03:58 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Norman[_2_]

Default ACER ALTOS 1200 - floppy?

Hi, I'm mounting an Altos 1200 motherboard (M25C-2) in a case with 2 floppy
drives connected in serial

Is there a way of getting the BIOS to see the second drive, B? Only A is
detected.

BIOS has been updated to the latest version (m25cr5b4.zip)

Thanks in advance

Old June 26th 09, 02:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

"Norman" wrote in message
Hi, I'm mounting an Altos 1200 motherboard (M25C-2) in a case with 2
floppy
drives connected in serial

Is there a way of getting the BIOS to see the second drive, B? Only A is
detected.

BIOS has been updated to the latest version (m25cr5b4.zip)

Thanks in advance

I've seen this before. With floppies on the out these days, it's hard to
find a bios that will accept two floppies. You may have to install one
floppy internally and one with a USB. Or, it may be possible to get it to
recognize the other floppy as another drive letter. Not sure why you or
anybody would want two floppies in a computer these days. I have two in my
desktop computer, but can't remember the last time I used either one. As a
matter of fact, I'm pretty sure only one is recognized, but I can switch
them internally if I need to. One is 3.5 and the other is 5.25, but I've
been using the same case for years and just upgraded the insides.

Old June 30th 09, 06:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Norman[_2_]

"Sheldon" wrote in message

I've seen this before. With floppies on the out these days, it's hard to
find a bios that will accept two floppies. You may have to install one
floppy internally and one with a USB. Or, it may be possible to get it to
recognize the other floppy as another drive letter. Not sure why you or
anybody would want two floppies in a computer these days. I have two in

my
desktop computer, but can't remember the last time I used either one. As

matter of fact, I'm pretty sure only one is recognized, but I can switch
them internally if I need to. One is 3.5 and the other is 5.25, but I've
been using the same case for years and just upgraded the insides.

Yes, that's my situation also. They are 3.5" and 5.25" drives.

This is the first motherboard I've encountered with no support for two
floppy drives, which is surprising since the board is from c.2000 and the
BIOS is from 2002.

Can't get a Presario 1200 to boot from floppy CD or hard drive. Craig_Bryan Compaq Computers 0 April 30th 07 03:53 AM
Acer Aspire 1200 petsco Acer Computers 0 February 14th 06 12:50 PM
Service manual for acer aspire 1200 ken foggo Acer Computers 0 April 26th 05 10:22 PM
Acer 1200 Battery woe Eggo Acer Computers 0 June 14th 04 01:26 PM
FS: Acer Altos 500 power supply Russ Acer Computers 0 April 19th 04 03:56 PM