Help with nVidia cards needed

Old August 17th 03, 12:48 AM
Joe727

Default Help with nVidia cards needed

Hi - I've got two PCs. One with an ATi Radeon 9000 Pro 64 Mb video card,
the other with a GeForce 4, 440MX 64 Mb video card.

I upgraded from 32 Mb video cards, so you can imagine the tremendous
improvement in graphics rendering.

Both cards are outstanding, but I'd like to upgrade my primary PC (nVidia)
with a more robust card. It has a 4x motherboard, so an 8x card is not
mandatory, but it would be nice for later upgrades.

I am quite familiar with the ATi line of cards, but I need help with the
nVidia cards. What is comparable to the ATi 9600 Pro, and 9700 Pro.

Top of the line (ATi 9800 Pro) is out of the question. I don't want to
spend $500 on a card. I will go as high as $300. The ATi card I have now
cost $54, and the nVidia card was about $70.

I've got an Athlon 2000+ XP CPU and 512 Mb of PC 2700 333 MHz DDR Ram on an
MSI KT3 Ultra2 motherboard running XP Pro.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Joe

Old August 17th 03, 03:19 AM
Steve Sudz

Hi Joe I would look for a GF FX 5900 non ultra at www.pricewatch.com or
look for a GFFX 5800 Ultra those are hard to find and reportedly have a loud
fan,

The 5600 Ultra is good but stay away from non ultra versions and the 5200
altogether.
Good Luck

om...