HyperThreading

Old February 14th 04, 02:16 AM
Courseyauto

Default HyperThreading

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:33:30 -0700, "Daniel P" wrote:

I got the AMD Athlon 64 +3000 a few weeks ago and just ran a proformance
test i was looking at the system info and it said that hyperthreading was
"not capable".
It was wondering why it was not capable.

Hyperthreading (HT) is only in Intel chips. AMD is going to do dual CPUs
on one core first, then maybe add Intels HT to it later on if needed.

Return the AMD and go buy a P4 "HT" CPU/mobo if you need HT.
Ed

Return it and get the P4 even if you dont need
HT..........................................
Old February 14th 04, 02:39 AM
Daniel P

AMD is much much much much much much much much much much much much much much
much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much
[...]
bettter than Intel. Its cheeper. I don't have $1000 for an intel EE. Which
is the !ONLY! CPU that could compete with AMD.
--
Duck Tape Is Alot Like Star Wars. It Has
Both A Dark Side And A Light Side.

Old February 14th 04, 06:49 PM
Daniel P

Intel=Crap

Old February 15th 04, 01:01 AM
~misfit~

Daniel P wrote:
Oh i am a troll because i am right

No, you are a troll because you make a statement like "Return it and get the
P4 even if you dont need HT" in an AMD NG. That is trolling 101, really
low-level stuff. That and the fact that you were born ugly and live under a
bridge.
--
~misfit~

Old February 15th 04, 04:31 AM
Michael Brown

~misfit~ wrote:
Daniel P wrote:

[...]
Oh i am a troll because i am right

No, you are a troll because you make a statement like "Return it and
get the P4 even if you dont need HT" in an AMD NG. That is trolling
101, really low-level stuff. That and the fact that you were born
ugly and live under a bridge.

Errm, there has been a bit of confusion ... Courseyauto said the quoted
statement, but Daniel P apparently through the "troll" comment was directed
at him (partially due, I think, to Courseyauto's non-standard quoting
style).

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Old February 17th 04, 08:42 PM
dgk

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:36:08 -0600, Ed wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:49:56 -0700, "Daniel P" wrote:

Intel=Crap

I wouldn't know, haven't owned one since around 1996. ;P

They both make fine chips although I like AMD personally. If for no
other reason, because they keep competitive pressure on Intel. I have
5 current working PCs, four of which are AMD, and my old PIII-450 is
still going strong. Likely not too much longer though. Not because it
is dying or anything, but I'm running out of room...

Is Amd going to copy Hyperthreading ?? would like an Amd64 with hyperthreading :( The Other Guy. General 3 November 28th 04 12:13 AM
questions about AMD 64 3200+, FSB and hyperthreading Nikko General 7 August 5th 04 02:34 AM
Valid Points 101: 2x P4 Xeons + Hyperthreading + Windows XP Professional / W2K / NT4 / *Nix (long post!) Duncan, Eric A. General 7 February 3rd 04 05:06 PM
Intel's Hyperthreading Paul General 16 November 6th 03 02:00 PM
How to tell if Hyperthreading is Enabled? John Smith General 3 October 4th 03 10:00 PM