Intel Application Accelerator 2.3 has a bad nonpaged pool memory leak

Old June 26th 03, 08:35 AM
Dan Harkless

Default Intel Application Accelerator 2.3 has a bad nonpaged pool memory leak

I, Dan Harkless , wrote in message
. com:
Howdy. Just wanted to let people know that at least for some
hardware/software combinations (like mine) Intel Application
Accelerator 2.2 and 2.3 Beta have a bad nonpaged pool memory leak that
renders your system useless within a matter of days, requring frequent
reboots.

[...]

I thought I had experimentally determined that this memory leak was
fixed in Application Accelerator 2.2.2, but I had to reinstall my
system a few weeks ago, and I installed the latest version of IAA,
2.3, and the memory leak is still there.

So either they fixed it in 2.2.2 but forgot to put the fix in 2.3 (2.3
Beta was out before there was a 2.2.2), or the memory leak only
happens in conjunction with some other piece of software, which I
didn't have present on my system while I was using 2.2.2 but did have
present while using 2.2, 2.3 Beta, and 2.3 (kind of doubt this
alternative).

Anyway, I guess I better learn my lesson and give up on IAA for good.

If you're not reading this from Google Groups (and thus that
news:... URL above won't be clickable), here's a link to my original
article with more info on the problem:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

--
Dan Harkless