In Stock - my arse.

Old January 13th 04, 12:46 PM
Rhys Jones

Default In Stock - my arse.

Is there some law against misleading customers about stock
availability? If not - why not?!

Most of the time when I'm buying online I will select a supplier
because they have stock of the goods rather than because they have a
better price. If I need something I usually need it now, not at some
point in the next couple of weeks.

Dab's stock availability varies depending on which page you see it -
sometimes you see '123 now', other times you see '1-2 days'.

Having had a good chat with a nice girl at Simply customer services
(whilst cancelling an order this morning) I understand that the Simply
'in stock' green tick is not linked to the warehouse at all - it is
just periodically updated.

In Dab's favour though, I get the impression that they won't let you
specify next day delivery if they don't have stock. Simply will let
you pay the extra for next day even if they don't have the goods to
ship!!!

All I want to do is get hold of a laptop - why is it so hard???

Rhys

Reply in newsgroups for everyones benefit.
Sort out email address if really necessary.
Old January 14th 04, 11:33 PM
J. Martin Morris

Having had a good chat with a nice girl at Simply customer services
(whilst cancelling an order this morning) I understand that the Simply
'in stock' green tick is not linked to the warehouse at all - it is
just periodically updated.

I can confirm this. A n item ordered as "in stock" failed to be delivered by
Xmas. Simply said that "their suppliers let them down". Surely they mean
"our lack of honesty let us down". I will not be using them again.