Arthur Entlich

Old September 22nd 04, 10:33 PM
A. Allen

Default Arthur Entlich

I've got an epson and it like many others has developed a problem with
printing black, in that it appears to suffer from clogging (funny how my old
epson 640 never had this problem- surely not a design feature of new epsons
???)
I've seen several replies to posts from Arthur Entlich off
ering to email his manual in dealing with this. But only if you email from
your usual email account.
simple question ,has anyone and what was the response..

Andy

ps if arthur entlich should read this, try not to be offended ,I'm just a
cynical old bugger who has been burned before

Old September 22nd 04, 11:31 PM
Edward Hennessey

A. Allen wrote:
I've got an epson and it like many others has developed a problem

with
printing black, in that it appears to suffer from clogging (funny

how
my old epson 640 never had this problem- surely not a design feature
of new epsons ???)
I've seen several replies to posts from Arthur Entlich
off ering to email his manual in dealing with this. But only if you
email from your usual email account.
simple question ,has anyone and what was the response..

Andy

ps if arthur entlich should read this, try not to be offended ,I'm
just a cynical old bugger who has been burned before

You'll be fine mailing Arthur. I did and found his manual excellent in
addressing the
problem. Kudos again, A.E.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

- no,no,no

Old September 23rd 04, 01:59 AM
Edward Hennessey

I just requested his manual today, havent received it as yet.
Did he send through e-mail?

Yes.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

- no,no,no

Old September 23rd 04, 04:19 AM
Arthur Entlich

Hi Andy,

I am not offended, and I fully understand the concerns you may have.

All I can do is give you some stats.

I have provided the cleaning manual to over 3000 people in the last
several years. The success rate, based upon feedback, is well over 90%.

The manual is completely free of charge. I have made not one cent on
it, ever. A few people have offered to pay after receiving it, and I
suggest they send a charitable donation to a charity of their choice.

I have never generated ANY spam. I once had my address stolen and used
as a return address for a spam attempt by an offshore bank. It was a
real mess for me, and I had to cancel that address.

The only mail you will get from me, should you request the manual, is
the manual, and an answer to any questions you may have. On a few
occasions people write back to provide feedback or because of additional
questions come up, and we carry on a discussion for a few emails.

The manual discusses using a cleaning fluid to unclog your printer and
clean it. The mixture is made of ammoniated window cleaner and alcohol.
I do not sell any inkjet related products (inks, paper, cleaners,
profiles, etc), nor do I give or sell anyone's email address to anyone
else. Since the manual is copyrighted (I have spend many dozens of
hours developing, editing and updating it) and goes through version
changes, I do not allow others to distribute it. By contacting me, it
helps me to keep track of what current problems are coming up, to
provide the most current version, and to help one to one if that is
beneficial. Sometimes people also provide new information for me on
things they have discovered about their printers or inks, etc.

I know it sounds odd, but I actually do this philanthropically, and I
spend about 4 hours a day on it (inclusive of answering questions on
newsgroups). I believe the internet's greatest value and power is the
ability to spread and share knowledge. I certainly find it very helpful
when I seek help and this is one way I can return the favor.

I hope this calms some of your concerns.

Art

Old September 23rd 04, 04:29 AM
Arthur Entlich

Mike M wrote:

I just requested his manual today, havent received it as yet.
Did he send through e-mail?

Hi Mike,

I'm assuming you used a different mail address for your request, which
includes your last name.

The request was sent about 8:30 AM. I usually only get to the computer
one session a day. The manual went out at 5:55 Pacific time, so
hopefully you've got it now.

In general requests are answered within 24 hours. On occasion, 36-48
hours should I be taking a small break from my computer. If I am away
from town, I do not send the manual remotely, so in that case, it can
take up to a week, but that happens only a few times a year.

I literally respond to each request personally, "by hand" ... no
automated answers, because people often ask additional questions besides
asking for the manual.

Art