PCI USB card disables my CD drives

Old February 18th 04, 06:52 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Win 98, like previous versions of Windows, use an ASPI layer Microsoft
licensed from Roxio.

Please see one of the usual references on the ASPI layer:
... the primer at my WWW site.

Expert on aspi, Mikey?

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)
=======================================

From: smh
Subject: Feurio Aspi problem
Date: 7/4/02

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) spewed:

I'm running:
Windows ME and Feurios 1.65

and when ever I star Feurio I get this error message:
Error at program start: Could not load ASPI-driver!

A component of 4.60 will not install over one of 4.71. Deletion will be
necessary to downgrade or 4.71 may be installed over the remnants of
4.60.

Note that some devices will have older ASPI components (often modified)
with dates later than those of the version you want to install. In that
case, all old versions will need to be removed for a clean install even
of 4.60.

The above applies to the Adaptec ASPI layer; I've not used any of the
alternatives which may install "older" files over newer ones.

ASPI on Win ME ???!!!

ASPI Kills Win ME - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Subject: The Adaptec ASPI layer on Windows 2000 and Me
Date: 7/4/01

I have plenty of evidence to prove that
installing the Adaptec ASPI into Me can wind up killing the OS ...

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Subject: ASPI, W2K, and the truth
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.

( I have seen some of the reports Adrian has of disaster in WinMe
and would not trust it in that OS - if I trusted the OS at all. )
=====================

Whatever happened to the reports of disaster in Win ME, Mikey?
Did El Nino wash them all away, Mikey?

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old February 18th 04, 07:13 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Win 98, like previous versions of Windows, use an ASPI layer Microsoft
licensed from Roxio.

Please see one of the usual references on the ASPI layer:
... the primer at my WWW site.

Expert on aspi, Mikey?

=====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)
=====================================

===========================
From: davejohnson12
Subject: ASPI Layer and Adaptec/Roxio CD software - Help
Date: 4/6/01

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

ASPI layer should not be installed in WinMe.

A tech support person at Plextor told me to install
the newest version of the ASPI layer

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

You were misinformed and I am blind-copying this to Plextor so they
may verify it with Roxio and inform their tech support staff.
=====================

But then again:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 10/20/02

Have ...WIN WE system.

install a current, consistent copy such as Adaptec's
=====================

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old February 18th 04, 08:51 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Win 98, like previous versions of Windows, use an ASPI layer Microsoft
licensed from Roxio.

Please see one of the usual references on the ASPI layer:
... the primer at my WWW site.

Expert on aspi, Mikey?

======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
======================================

From: smh
Date: 12/1/02

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) spewed:

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer ...

Install ASPI on Win 2K, Richter?

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: still need to know about aspi layer pleez, no smh
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
=====================

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old February 19th 04, 12:34 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Win 98, like previous versions of Windows, use an ASPI layer Microsoft
licensed from Roxio.

Please see one of the usual references on the ASPI layer:
... the primer at my WWW site.

Expert on aspi, Mikey?

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
=======================================

==================================
From: smh
Subject: Leave system unstable & Get unstable?
Date: 6/26/01

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

In my experience, the ASPI layer itself can exist in Win2K ...
Some programs use it without doing any damage;
others leave the system unstable.

What are these programs that leave the system unstable, using aspi?

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 6/25/01

Nonsense. I use the Adaptec ASPI layer on my Win2K machine
in spite of some applications which use it
being unstable in the OS.
----------------------

What are these applications that become unstable, using aspi?

Do these programs get unstable themselves and at the same time make the
OS unstable, just by using aspi?
==================================

--------------------------------------
Old February 19th 04, 01:46 AM
Eric Gisin

Another psychotic episode, Sammy? Buy a gun a put your ****ed up existance out
of its misery.

"smh" wrote in message
ws.com...
. --------------------------------------

From: smh
Date: 6/26/01

----------------------

From: smh
Subject: Do I need ASPI?
Date: 2/26/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) spewed:

I believe Nero contains what it needs of the ASPI layer

Nero never did "contain" aspi.

(as does ECDC for those OS's
which do not provide a native interface).

Do Ezcd 4.02+ use aspi for the OS without the native interface,
Mikey? Do these say so, Mikey?

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 6/30/00

ECDC 4.02 does not use ASPI anymore.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Date: 4/6/01

ECDC from 4.02 on does not use the ASPI layer.
=====================

Do Ezcd 4.02+ use the native interface if available, like Win 2K,
Mikey?

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old February 19th 04, 07:28 AM
Graham Mayor

Eric Gisin wrote:
Another psychotic episode, Sammy? Buy a gun a put your ****ed up
existance out of its misery.

How does reposting his garbage help?

Old February 19th 04, 08:02 AM
smh

Graham Mayor, were you also born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Graham Mayor spewed:

milser wrote:
I've read this before and I was wondering why this is so.

I have several CD-RW discs containing important data - some burned
over three years ago - and have not run into issues like data loss. I
am concerned with what *could* happen though. Can someone explain to
me the reason it's not as reliable as I thought?

The discs themselves are no more unreliable than any other on first use, but
repeated re-writing produces a gradual deterioration,

Wow! What a profound statement!

which is not helped by
handling the discs.

Another Wow! Another what a profound statement!

The problem is the packet formats

"Formats", Mayor? Are there more than one "format", Mayor?
Care to list those format-S, Mayor?

the packet formats which are used to
write the discs, which are flaky,

Care to explain why the "formats" are flaky, Mayor?
Is any particular format more flaky than others, Mayor?

frequently incompatible with one another

Do the format-S "frequently" change, Mayor?

Or, does the supposed incompatibility depend on the phase of the Moon?

frequently incompatible with one another
and when they crash, which they will, the data the discs contain cannot
usually be recovered.

Does incompatibility between format-S cause crash, Mayor?
Just what crashes, Mayor?

( What are you smoking, Mayor? )
(Is your head on straight, Mayor?)
--------------------------------------
Old February 19th 04, 10:00 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Win 98, like previous versions of Windows, use an ASPI layer Microsoft
licensed from Roxio.

Please see one of the usual references on the ASPI layer:
... the primer at my WWW site.

Expert on aspi, Mikey?

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)
=======================================

Unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
=====================

Recommend install aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 11/30/02

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer
=====================

Back to problems/unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 4 and Win2K
Date: 8/23/03

You may also have chunks of an ASPI layer installed,
which alone is enough to create problems galore

Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!