WARNING: You'll be ill-advised to deal with XCASE.

Old September 16th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Default WARNING: You'll be ill-advised to deal with XCASE.

Hello all.

I placed an order for a PC case (a new line) which they were advertising on
their website. They acknowledged my order, and took my money _straightaway_.
They still didn't have any stock available after 29 days, and when I
enquired was told that they didn't know when they would have any. So, I
cancelled the order, and asked for a refund (done on the telephone).
I was informed that I would get a refund. I later checked my credit card
statement (on the website), but no refund had been made. I sent them an
email today, explaining the facts and requesting a refund again. Yes, you've
guessed it: still no refund.
I did get in touch with the credit card company, and was informed that I
would have to wait 30 days (altogether) before anything could be done. In
the meantime, my £57.56 is earning them interest.

Thanks in advance for your comments, advice, etc...

Sylvain.

Old September 16th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
scorpio18

"Sylvain VAN DER WALDE" wrote in message
[...]

How long did you leave between requesting a refund and checking your card?
It can take around 3 to 5 working days for the refund to go back onto your
card.

--
Scorpio

Old September 16th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

"scorpio18" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not sure. I've got a disgustingly unreliable memory.

It can take around 3 to 5 working days for the refund to go back onto your
card.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Sylvain.

--
Scorpio

Old September 17th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tx2

"scorpio18" wrote in message

How long did you leave between requesting a refund and checking your
card?

I'm not sure. I've got a disgustingly unreliable memory.

It can take around 3 to 5 working days for the refund to go back onto
your
card.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

So, would you agree a fair summary is that even though you weren't aware of
the facts, and despite the vendor readily agreeing to issuing you a refund,
you'd thought you post something to 'advise' others to stay clear of a
vendor who has, on the surface, has actually done nothing wrong?

Old September 17th 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Sylvain VAN DER
WALDE" opened his gob and said:

BTW, I've dealt with Overclockers a number of times, and found them to be
fast and efficient. They will send you up to 3 emails, logging the progress
of your order.

Which begs the question why you did not buy from them in the first
place?

They do not have a good rep for CS is things go pear-shaped BTW.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 17th 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

"scorpio18" wrote in message

How long did you leave between requesting a refund and checking your
card?

I'm not sure. I've got a disgustingly unreliable memory.

It can take around 3 to 5 working days for the refund to go back onto
your
card.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

So, would you agree a fair summary is that even though you weren't aware
of the facts, and despite the vendor readily agreeing to issuing you a
refund, you'd thought you post something to 'advise' others to stay clear
of a vendor who has, on the surface, has actually done nothing wrong?

If I made the matter of a refund appear to be the most important one, this
was not my intention.
I was _billed_ for goods that were not in stock at the time; and worse, it
was not known when they would become available. In other words, _I was
messed about_ by Xcase. Getting information from them was like "pulling
teeth".
By comparison, I received the case I ordered from Overclockers within 3
days.
I'm therefore condemning Xcase as an unhelpful and uncaring dealer.

Old September 17th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Sylvain VAN DER
WALDE" opened his gob and said:

BTW, I've dealt with Overclockers a number of times, and found them to be
fast and efficient. They will send you up to 3 emails, logging the
progress
of your order.

Which begs the question why you did not buy from them in the first
place?

The PC case which I wanted from Xcase is a slimline one (2 external 5.25
inch drives only) yet taking a full size ATX motherboard. As far as I know,
such a case normally only takes a Micro ATX one.
The PC case that I bought from Overclockers, is an Antec SLK 1650 with 3
external 5.25 inch drives. As you must know, Midi tower cases come with 4
external 5.25 inch drives _minimum_.
P.S. The PC case in question will house _spare_ M/B, CPU, RAM, drives, etc..
to make a standby computer.

They do not have a good rep for CS is things go pear-shaped BTW.

Having read this news group for quite some time, I find that reports on the
_better known_ dealers vary quite a lot. I think that we have to take a
chance, and accept that we may be unlucky (as I was with Xcase).

Sylvain.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 17th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Sylvain VAN DER
WALDE" opened his gob and said:

Having read this news group for quite some time, I find that reports on the
_better known_ dealers vary quite a lot. I think that we have to take a
chance, and accept that we may be unlucky (as I was with Xcase).

Good luck with your build now that you've got your new case.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 7th 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jon D

On 16 Sep 2006, Sylvain VAN DER WALDE
wrote:

"scorpio18" wrote in message

[...]

So how do we know that the "facts" in what you posted are reliable?