Multisession CD-R Issue

Old May 9th 05, 04:27 PM
Dave Cohen

I withdraw my earlier post since I was only speaking of using a given
version.
Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98 but
won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new MS
releases.
Dave Cohen

"WhoKnows" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

SNIP
===========================
From: (coaster)
Subject: EZCCCD 5 problems with multisession
Date: 2/27/01

EZCD 5 can't correctly import multisession tracks made by other
software ... This includes EZCD 3.5, EZCD 4.02e

SNIP

Well that must be it then, because if I remember correctly the original
CD-R was made with an earlier version of EZCD. I had to upgrade when I
installed XP. I got the same symptoms of EZCD saying that there were no
sessions to import.

Case closed.

Thanks again!

Old May 9th 05, 08:30 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

========================
From: Tom
Date: 10/31/03
Subject: EZ CD Creator Platinum 5.3 won't remember
or import sessions

Since upgrading my EZ CD Creator Platinum from 5.1 to 5.3.5.10, the
program doesn't remember sessions. When I manually try to import a
session it says there is no session to import.
========================

Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98 but
won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new MS
releases.

=====================================
Mike Richter & Monkey Wrench Business
=====================================

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 7/8/01
Subject: Easy CD Creator 5 vs Win 2000 = HELP!

A post from Adrian indicated that SP2 threw in a fresh monkey wrench.

I do not believe that Roxio has a release of ECDC for Win2K SP2 at this
point. Your choice: SP1 with ECDC or SP2 without.
======================

BTW, Nero, among other burn softwares, works on Win2k/SP2 -- without
removing the monkey wrench.

(Note: cRoxio must not consider Win2k/SP2 as Win2k, )
( as it claims Win2k compatible. )

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Date: 7/9/01

Mike is correct at this time, SP2 broke a load more stuff.
We are working on it.

======================
From: SandMan
Date: 7/9/01

Isn't it funny how your software *always* gets broke by MS, or
something someone else did? When are you guys and girls ever going
to learn? Sooooooooo many other CDR packages install, uninstall
WITHOUT screwing up ones system, and RUN just fine on win9x, win2k,
win2ksp1, win2ksp2. No wonder you've put your head in the sand, its the
best you can do.

I'm Adapcrap/Roxio free, don't have time to debug the betas you sell
time after time, that never work as advertised, tech support sucks,
and the only thing they really care about is getting the product out
ther door, so they can take our money. Tons of bugs never fixed, and
with each 'release' we get to have 'fun' finding the same old ones
back again, plus for a spin, some news ones.

You guys need to take this to your own newsgroup, and drop out of the
general CDR group. No wonder you have a subscription news-mailer, so
its not totally in the public eye, and you can filter all you like.

Start a new group like; comp.publish.cdrsoftware.roxio

OK I'll let you go back and "work" on some more stuff that just got
broke, have fun, Later!
======================

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
Old May 10th 05, 12:13 PM
Camper

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
. net...
I withdraw my earlier post since I was only speaking of using a given
version.
Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98
but won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new
MS releases.
Dave Cohen

Microsoft needed to break with 16 bit coding eventually.

Old May 10th 05, 11:00 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
cRoxio / Acraptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

Dave Cohen wrote:

Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98 but
won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new MS
releases.

======================================
Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
======================================

=======================
From: Joe Pyles
Date: 5/8/01
Subject: PC World.com: CD Creator 5 Platinum
Tangles With Windows 2000

"John Smith" wrote:
"Meg" wrote:

The point is Roxio did not say it until NOW!!! Patel & Roxio are
Idiots. If a car had defects, you wait till it kills someone first
I guess... as it may mean lost sales if they were honest?

Replace 'a car' with 'tires' and say 'Firestone'.

Wow! Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software. I like it.
============================

Stop! Don't install Easy CD Creator 5 til you read this story

Easy CD Creator saga continues

Roxio replies over Easy CD Creator problems

Easy CD Creator problems just won't go away

Microsoft posts warning over Easy CD Creator

More woe over Easy CD Creator

CD Creator 5 Platinum Tangles With Windows 2000

Old May 10th 05, 11:14 PM
Thomas A. Horsley

======================================
Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
======================================

Now you've done it: Firestone will track you down and sue you for
defamation :-).
Old May 10th 05, 11:45 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------

Dave Cohen wrote:

Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98 but
won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new MS
releases.

Easy CD CreMator 5 Released w/ Critical Bugs

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 5/15/01

My own recommendation was to withhold release
until all critical bugs were exterminated

==========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (cRoxio)
Date: 5/30/01

We try to avoid releasing software with critical bugs
- those which can damage systems and/or data.

But it did not turn up in lab or beta testing
=========================

--------------------------------------
Old May 11th 05, 12:23 AM
smh

"Thomas A. Horsley" wrote:

======================================
Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
======================================

Now you've done it: Firestone will track you down and sue you for
defamation :-).

Aren't you worried about being sued for defamation yourself?

Subject: Roxio 6 / DVD Builder can't see my burner
Date: 12/27/03

Downloaded update from Roxio. It says it installed successfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot.

Arrrrggghhhhhh

Of course, you made a complete system backup, haven't you? No?

How could you be so careless and thoughtless!

From: smh
Subject: should I download the update
Date: 12/15/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed:

I have received an email from Roxio advising me to download an
update for my Roxio Platinum. Would you advise me to do this.

if you are going to update such software, have a complete
system backup first so you can restore to your current conditions
even if the update fails.

Is a backup essential now even for an update of Easy CD Cremator?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 5/5/01

I consider an image backup essential
before any major software installation

I suspect that those who have trouble are also CARELESS
- perhaps THOUGHTLESS - about their use of their computer
systems.

Why any competent computer user would fail to 'buy'
such inexpensive insurance is beyond me.

==========================
From: Thomas A. Horsley
Date: 5/6/01

Yes, I imagine that's a habit folks who install Adaptec software
develop quite early in the learning curve
==========================

Old May 11th 05, 01:22 AM
smh

===========================
From: (coaster)
Date: 2/27/01

EZCD 5 can't correctly import multisession tracks made by other
software ... This includes EZCD 3.5, EZCD 4.02e
===========================

Well that must be it then, because if I remember correctly the original
CD-R was made with an earlier version of EZCD. I had to upgrade when I
installed XP. I got the same symptoms of EZCD saying that there were no
sessions to import.

Case closed.

Thanks again!

Not so fast. In YOUR case, these Mikey's "wise" cracks apply:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 4/5/00
Subject: STOP the EZCD bashing

why is the fact that your configuration does not work
with the software exclusively the responsibility of
the software?
======================

Old May 11th 05, 09:42 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dave Cohen wrote:

Whatever problems Roxio may have, abitlity to write multiple sessions is not
one of them.

Including multisession on DVD when Mike Richter barfed that Easy CD
Coaster Creator didn't?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 6/30/04
Subject: Adding Data to 4.7GB disc

I am trying to add data...to DVD
My software is Easy Cd Creator 5 basic.

My experience with DVD-ROM is limited
(and I've not used ECDC for the job),

but I have never seen an option to add sessions
to the format.

The only supported DVD-ROM format I have seen is DAO. === Multi NO

My guess is that ECDC 5 is incorrect in offering the === Ezcd NO
option and that it cannot link the earlier sessions.
======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old May 19th 05, 09:33 AM
smh

Dave Cohen wrote:

Unfortunately I could list a whole bunch of stuff that runs under win98 but
won't work under xp. Let's hope this doesn't become the norm for new MS
releases.

When Mikey weaseling out DirectCD bugs:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/7/01

How do I read DirectCD3 CD-RW disks in Windows XP?
Windows XP claims they are empty

XP's UDF reader is new, different and
incompatible with the standard.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/8/01

How do i read cd-rw that I have formatted in direct cd.
I am using win XP

At this point, there seems to be no way.

The XP reader is reported to be incompatible
with fixed-length packet writing.
=====================

But when Mikey cock-a-doodle-doo DirectCD:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 1/5/04

There is a UDF standard. At least until recently...
only Roxio was fully compliant with it.

I believe that XP's read capability is also fully compliant.
======================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Thief 2/Catalyst 4.10 Issue Blahguy Ati Videocards 2 November 3rd 04 01:56 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 brightness level issue when hooking up 2 LCDs Brandon Ati Videocards 0 June 22nd 04 09:23 AM
Display issue Bruin General 2 September 1st 03 02:32 AM
The endless loop issue again Tex Nvidia Videocards 5 July 23rd 03 03:56 PM
Driver Issue? GF4 4200 8x/A7N8X-Deluxe Klaus Nvidia Videocards 0 June 30th 03 02:45 PM