Software install for Canon i860 not working

Old July 23rd 09, 05:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tempest192

Default Software install for Canon i860 not working

I recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all of my
programs. When I got to my CD for my Canon i860 printer I keep getting a
message saying that it's not compatible with my OS .. strange
considering it was working fine with my computer before the Reformat. I
have Windows Vista.. any information anyone can give me would be greatly
appreciated!

Old July 25th 09, 02:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tomcas

Tempest192 wrote:
I recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all of my
programs. When I got to my CD for my Canon i860 printer I keep getting a
message saying that it's not compatible with my OS .. strange
considering it was working fine with my computer before the Reformat. I
have Windows Vista.. any information anyone can give me would be greatly
appreciated!

The driver you were using must have loaded from Windows and not the CD.
What happens when you just plug in the printer, does it try to load the
windows driver? If not try to install it thru Start, Printers, Add.
Old July 25th 09, 08:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tempest192[_3_]

Oddly enough the Canon Website doesnt have the install drivers for this
printer ..they have add ons.

Old July 25th 09, 08:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tempest192[_2_]

tomcas;1063435 Wrote:
Tempest192 wrote:
I recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all of my
programs. When I got to my CD for my Canon i860 printer I keep

getting a
message saying that it's not compatible with my OS .. strange
considering it was working fine with my computer before the Reformat.

have Windows Vista.. any information anyone can give me would be

greatly
appreciated!

The driver you were using must have loaded from Windows and not the CD.

What happens when you just plug in the printer, does it try to load the

windows driver? If not try to install it thru Start, Printers, Add.

I tried unplugging the printer and plugging it back in and nothing
happened, I'll try to add the printer manually..

Old July 26th 09, 12:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Is it possible your CD has an older or at least different OS driver on
it than what you have loaded on the computer? That is what it sounds
like to me.

Vista came with many "in box" drivers which are available from the Vista
disks or on line via Microsoft. These drivers, while written by the OEM
printer company are distributed through Microsoft and their products, as
a way of offering updated drivers often for older printers, for
instance. You may also wish to check if even newer drivers might be
available for download from the Canon website. To load the appropriate
drivers, you will need to direct the operating system to where you are
supplying them from (such as your CD drive, or your hard drive if you
have downloaded them from the web.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old July 26th 09, 01:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:24:07 -0500, Tempest192
wrote:

Oddly enough the Canon Website doesnt have the install drivers for this
printer ..they have add ons.

That would imply as Art suggested you should look to install a built
in Vista driver and then add this module. There is a downloadable XP
driver which is what is probably on your CD, given the age of this
printer.

Old July 27th 09, 02:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
tomcas

Tempest192 wrote:
Was the computer powered on, the USB cable good, the ends pushed in
firmly, and the USB port functional?
Other than those things to check you can check to see if a driver is
already installed. If so, just delete it. All these things you can check
thru device manager.

I tried unplugging the printer and plugging it back in and nothing
happened, I'll try to add the printer manually..

Looking for i860 Board and Developer Kit/Software [email protected] Intel 4 June 23rd 06 09:13 PM
Canon i860 (vs. Epson R300M) and i860 QUESTIONS COMPARED W/HP Andy Novak Printers 4 February 21st 04 07:37 PM
Canon i860 Ron Printers 4 December 2nd 03 04:00 PM
Canon i960 vs. Canon i860 Myra Printers 4 October 28th 03 06:17 PM
Canon i960 vs. Canon i860 Myra Printers 0 October 28th 03 04:48 AM