Canon ip6000D: Status monitor not working

Old August 6th 05, 06:08 AM
Yeah

Default Canon ip6000D: Status monitor not working

I have a Canon Pixma ip6000D, running in Windows XP Home SP2. The Status
Monitor (ink levels indicator) doesn't seem to be working. Over the two
months I've owned the printer, the ink levels have not decreased, although
some ink tanks are actually almost half-empty.

I have tried reinstalling printer drivers, reinstalling Windows XP,
replacing the USB cable, and I tried all the tests in the printer's
Maintenance tab. Nothing helped the Status Monitor to work the way it
should.

Is ANYBODY here familiar with this kind of problem? How do I resolve this?
I'd like the convenience of the visual ink level representation.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old August 6th 05, 06:15 AM
Burt

"Yeah" wrote in message
I have a Canon Pixma ip6000D, running in Windows XP Home SP2. The Status
Monitor (ink levels indicator) doesn't seem to be working. Over the two
months I've owned the printer, the ink levels have not decreased, although
some ink tanks are actually almost half-empty.

I have tried reinstalling printer drivers, reinstalling Windows XP,
replacing the USB cable, and I tried all the tests in the printer's
Maintenance tab. Nothing helped the Status Monitor to work the way it
should.

Is ANYBODY here familiar with this kind of problem? How do I resolve this?
I'd like the convenience of the visual ink level representation.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You posted this question on the Nifty Stuff Forum and I answered it there.
Hope that will help you.

Old August 6th 05, 07:52 AM
measekite

Burt wrote:

"Yeah" wrote in message

I have a Canon Pixma ip6000D, running in Windows XP Home SP2. The Status
Monitor (ink levels indicator) doesn't seem to be working. Over the two
months I've owned the printer, the ink levels have not decreased, although
some ink tanks are actually almost half-empty.

I have tried reinstalling printer drivers, reinstalling Windows XP,
replacing the USB cable, and I tried all the tests in the printer's
Maintenance tab. Nothing helped the Status Monitor to work the way it
should.

Is ANYBODY here familiar with this kind of problem? How do I resolve this?
I'd like the convenience of the visual ink level representation.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You posted this question on the Nifty Stuff Forum and I answered it there.
Hope that will help you.

He did not recognize photofreek