Low sound level from AIW

Old July 16th 03, 03:23 AM
Ar Q

Default Low sound level from AIW

I have one long-lasting problem that I don't know how to solve with AIW
series cards. It is with the sensitivity of the recording sound level. When
it is not properly set in the first place, the recording sound level will be
either so low that it seems to be mute, or so high the playing level will be
loud and distorted.

OK. Let me start from the beginning. When I installed Windows and it is
booted the first time, the windows will automatically turn up or down the
sound level according to the speaker sensitivity. Sometimes Windows does it
right. But most of the time the windows does it wrong. If the sensitivity is
set very high, the workaround is to set the recording line-input level to
almost zero. Then the recording will be OK. But if the sensitivity is set
very low, even I set the recording level to the maximal, the final volume on
my mpeg2 file is still too low. I have to set the play level to the maximal
to hear it. But for other parts of computer, eg. playing computer game or
browser playing some flash sound, my neighbor and I won't be able to stand
that sound level!

My question is how to adjust the sensitivity of the line-in recording level
after Windows initially set it.

Thanks.