Problems with ASUS drivers, please help

Old August 28th 04, 08:29 AM
Mark G.

Default Problems with ASUS drivers, please help

I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and for the likes of me, sometimes the Promise
Ultra 66 IDE PCI controller and my Matrox 250gig SATA drive drivers do not
load upon reboot and all and therefore I have to go through the process
again. I know I loaded it all correctly from the CD. Anyone here have any
ideas of why this is happening? It is getting really frustrating to have to
reboot to be able to see 2 of my drives. Would appreciate any input or
answers. Thanks much.

Old August 28th 04, 04:43 PM
Almeyda

"Mark G." wrote in message
I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and for the likes of me, sometimes the
Promise
Ultra 66 IDE PCI controller and my Matrox 250gig SATA drive drivers do not
load upon reboot and all and therefore I have to go through the process
again. I know I loaded it all correctly from the CD. Anyone here have any
ideas of why this is happening? It is getting really frustrating to have
reboot to be able to see 2 of my drives. Would appreciate any input or
answers. Thanks much.

Get the latest Nforce drivers from www.Nvidia.com do use cd ones their
outdated, also go to ASUS and get any other revelant newer drivers or
software, but as far as chipset drivers use nvidia's nforce drivers. In bios
make sure u got SCSI as first boot, and disable floppy boot and CDrom if ur
not using them much. might need im not sure though, a bios update, i did one
myself easy enough with asus web update toot.

--
Almeyda

AMD2500XP @3200XP-11X200-2.21Ghz |
A7N8X-E Deluxe | Corsair TWINX1024 XMS3200XL 5-2-2-2 DualChannel |
HIS Excalibur 9800XT 256mb @459/398 (Omegas 2.5.67 & ATI tool 0.21 No
Artifacts)
1x80GB SATA Seagate 8mg cache | 2x40GB ATA Seagate |
SB AudigyES | ANTEC SuperLanboy 350 Case (350W SmartBlue PS) |
Doom3 @ 1024x768 Ultra High, all visuals on. (Demo1 = 43fps vcard not
o'clocked)