Proposal to rename a.c.h.o. to alt.PC.4GB.Ram.limit, or, 'How the Mighty Have Fallen'

Old June 3rd 05, 03:59 AM
Phil Weldon

Default Proposal to rename a.c.h.o. to alt.PC.4GB.Ram.limit, or, 'How the Mighty Have Fallen'

Proposal to rename a.c.h.o. to alt.PC.4GB.Ram.limit,
or,
'How the Mighty Have Fallen'

Scanning through the Usenet newsgroup archives at Google, I came across the
posting volumes for a.c.h.o. :

Postings peaked in March, 2000 at 12,619 posts for the month!
Postings for March, 2005; 272 posts for the month.
Postings for May, 2005 jumped to 619 post for the month, of which 423 posts
were in the thread 'PC 4GB RAM limit'!

Has tragedy become farce?

Phil Weldon

Old June 3rd 05, 12:35 PM
~misfit~

Phil Weldon wrote:
Proposal to rename a.c.h.o. to alt.PC.4GB.Ram.limit,
or,
'How the Mighty Have Fallen'

Scanning through the Usenet newsgroup archives at Google, I came
across the posting volumes for a.c.h.o. :

Postings peaked in March, 2000 at 12,619 posts for the month!
Postings for March, 2005; 272 posts for the month.
Postings for May, 2005 jumped to 619 post for the month, of which 423
posts were in the thread 'PC 4GB RAM limit'!

Has tragedy become farce?

Phil Weldon

It depends.... Have you posted in that thread much?

:-)
--
~misfit~

Old June 3rd 05, 07:28 PM
Phil Weldon

Too much, even though I have a rule (usually followed) to strip extra
newsgroups. Another indication of twilight for a.c.h.o.

Phil Weldon

Old June 5th 05, 04:41 PM
Richard Hopkins

Phil Weldon" wrote in message...
Proposal to rename a.c.h.o. to alt.PC.4GB.Ram.limit,

Heheh

Has tragedy become farce?

Probably an indicator of the growing popularity of web-based forums among
the masses. From the amount of kit available we know that there are still
plenty of overclockers around.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Old June 5th 05, 09:36 PM
Phil Weldon

'Richard Hopkins' posted "Probably an indicator of the growing popularity of
web-based forums among the masses. From the amount of kit available we know
that there are still plenty of overclockers around.

Could be. I also see a number of vendor related websites that import
wholesale from a.c.h.o. and present the discussions as their own. I am
resistant to using 'web-based forums... not sure exactly why.

Then there is the reception that those who have made an impulse buy, and
don't want to hear about any drawbacks inherent to their choice. I'd
supposed that the web-based fora might be more product oriented and less
oriented toward the experimenter.

Phil Weldon