whats a good user friendly overclocking program to get

Old May 31st 05, 07:31 AM
jorg20057000

Default whats a good user friendly overclocking program to get

whats a good user friendly overclocking program to get

Old May 31st 05, 09:50 AM
Kweli

jorg20057000 wrote:
whats a good user friendly overclocking program to get

BIOS
Old May 31st 05, 11:47 AM
Stephan Carydakis

I hear Brain v1.0 also works very well although some reports have come back
that it is not so user friendly. So in this case, it may not be what you are
after.

Old May 31st 05, 03:32 PM
jorg20057000

cant use the bios its for a notebook

Old May 31st 05, 05:02 PM
Phil Weldon

A. Heat is such a problem in a notebook that overclocking is not a viable
option.
B. Notebooks have no provision for overclocking.
C. Notebooks are optimized for low weight, low power consumption, and small
size (low rotational speed hard drive, integrated graphics or low
performance graphics cards, temperature-based CPU throttling, VERY small
heat sink and VERY small fan)
D. Notebooks are difficult and expensive to repair.

Phil Weldon

Old May 31st 05, 06:33 PM
jorg20057000

this note book is desighned to repalce desk tops and can use desktop
hardrives and ram, cpus ive over clocked it from 3.o gig to 3.3 and
there was hardly any or no heat increase with the cpu and is aquite a
monster weighing at 14.4 pounds and i run it on ac all the time i gues
it seems to keep quite cool because of the size and large noisy fan
here is a write up about it
http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=19756

Old May 31st 05, 09:22 PM
Phil Weldon

Then its not a notebook is it? Its not even a laptop. Its a desktop.
Since you've already overclocked it, what exactly is the question you're
asking, and why didn't you supply this information to begin with? Aren't
any mind readers 'round here.

Old June 1st 05, 02:41 AM
Roger Hunt

In article , Stephan Carydakis
writes
I hear Brain v1.0 also works very well although some reports have come back
that it is not so user friendly. So in this case, it may not be what you are
after.

I've only got the beta version here.
--
Roger Hunt
Old June 1st 05, 08:32 AM
jorg20057000

thanks for the info ill try and find Brain v1.0 with my search engine
and to the other guy it is a notebook because it is portable and i am
looking for a better program which is more userfriendly the other one
so no need to be a mind reader

Old June 2nd 05, 03:05 AM
ModeratelyConfused

"jorg20057000" wrote in message
thanks for the info ill try and find Brain v1.0 with my search engine
and to the other guy it is a notebook because it is portable and i am
looking for a better program which is more userfriendly the other one
so no need to be a mind reader

Wait a second, these guys are just messing with you. Brain v1.0 is known to
be very buggy, so I suggest looking for at least version 3.0. You could
also try using an overclocking program included in Windows, Freecell (I know
it's under games in the start menu, but it isn't a game).

MC