Overclocking Qs

Old September 28th 03, 07:03 PM
Peter Cavan

Default Overclocking Qs

Hi
I know people say that Dells are unoverclockable but what I wanted to know
is - are they actually impossible to OC or is it just very hard to do? I
mean with keeping all the hardware the same, not changing the motherboard,
CPU etc.
Thanks for any help
PC

Old September 28th 03, 07:12 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:03:57 +0100, In this world we created "Peter
Cavan" wrote :

Hi
I know people say that Dells are unoverclockable but what I wanted to know
is - are they actually impossible to OC or is it just very hard to do? I
mean with keeping all the hardware the same, not changing the motherboard,
CPU etc.
Thanks for any help
PC

You may be able to up the FSB with software.
http://www.podien.onlinehome.de/CPUCOOL.HTM

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in jmx to reply
Old September 28th 03, 10:38 PM
newtknight

Exactly why do you need to over clock?

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

Ed Sebesta

Old September 28th 03, 10:51 PM
Quixote

"newtknight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Exactly why do you need to over clock?

Because it's there. I used to customize my bicycle too and try to make it
faster.

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Well, if I were to go on a date now I would hope my wife would not find out
about it, but my sex life at home is fairly good.

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

Obssessive compulsion? The timeless struggle of man over machine? Or,
maybe it's a hobby and it's fun........ or could it really be that simple?

Quixote

Old September 28th 03, 11:08 PM
Hank

"newtknight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Exactly why do you need to over clock?

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

Ed Sebesta

Why can't you just ****off and die?

Hank

Old September 28th 03, 11:38 PM
kony

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:38:08 GMT, "newtknight"
wrote:

Exactly why do you need to over clock?

Exactly why do you feel the need to be told what speed to run your
system?

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Probably a higher percentage than those having such negative
attitudes.

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

These appear to be comments made in ignorance.
You do realize that overclocking is not a religion (to most), is an
easy (and if done properly) safe way to get a performance gain, IF the
prerequisite knowledge is amassed?

If you would need forgo all the finer things in life to accomplish
what is relativley quick and easy to others, you probably shouldn't
overclock, but it certainly is subjective. Someone who knows the
facts can make an informed choice. In my experience it's a greater
risk to use a cheap heatsink (fan) or power supply than to overclock.

Considering that there are quite a few people on this planet, plenty
of opportunities, conceptions, and births, it doesn't seem that
going on a date or "getting laid" is particularly difficult to do,
something that would interfere with one's hobbies, does it?

Dave
Old September 28th 03, 11:46 PM
Shep©

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:38:08 GMT, In this world we created
"newtknight" wrote :

Exactly why do you need to over clock?

Freedom of choice.

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

exactly the same amount who die.

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

Because we all like picking scabs off wounds ;-)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in jmx to reply
Old September 28th 03, 11:53 PM
Wayne Youngman

"newtknight" wrote
What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Hi,

fair point, however I am glad to point out that I am one of a small minority
who loves his computer hardware, but also I take time out to to play hide
the sausage with as many big-boobed women as possible. Everything in
moderation I say, but too much PC can really damaged your sex life!

I'm just about to join a gym and overclock my body a bit!, too much PC can
seriously damage your physique :P

Wayne ][

Old September 29th 03, 12:50 AM
127.0.0.1

"newtknight" wrote in message
ink.net...
Exactly why do you need to over clock?

What percentage of people into overclocking get on dates or ever laid?

Why can't you just use the computer instead of messing with it?

Ed Sebesta

same reason why some people hot rod their cars... freedom of choice is a
good thing