Overclocking Intel E7500 cpu on a Asus P5Q board with PC6400 1066MHzCorsair ram

Old September 4th 09, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Bob H[_4_]

Default Overclocking Intel E7500 cpu on a Asus P5Q board with PC6400 1066MHzCorsair ram

My system has what is in the subject, and so far I have used the Asus AI
tweaker to adjust the FSB upto 333MHz, which pushes the cpu frequency up
from 2.9Ghz to 3.65Ghz. I have run Prime95 for 3 hours and the cpu
temperature has not gone over 56C, but runs at 29C normally with a Titan
Fenrir cooler.
I did try the FSB at 400Mhz which pushed the cpu upto 3.9Ghz, but then
my system became unstable after a short period of use, so I reduced the
FSB back to 333MHz.
Is there anything else I should/could adjust to get 3.9GHz cpu speed.
Thanks
Old September 5th 09, 03:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:59:51 -0700, Bob H wrote:

My system has what is in the subject, and so far I have used the Asus AI
tweaker to adjust the FSB upto 333MHz, which pushes the cpu frequency up
from 2.9Ghz to 3.65Ghz. I have run Prime95 for 3 hours and the cpu
temperature has not gone over 56C, but runs at 29C normally with a Titan
Fenrir cooler.
I did try the FSB at 400Mhz which pushed the cpu upto 3.9Ghz, but then
my system became unstable after a short period of use, so I reduced the
FSB back to 333MHz.
Is there anything else I should/could adjust to get 3.9GHz cpu speed.
Thanks

Two things. 1) Change the multiplier on your RAM so that it's running at
a lower frequency. The RAM clock is a multiple of the FSB clock also so
lowering the RAM multiplier will give you more room to raise the CPU
clock without the RAM becoming the limiting factor. 2) Raise the core
voltage. Be very careful with this because you can fry your CPU if you
overdo it. The BIOS will tell you what the safe limits are.
Old September 5th 09, 08:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Bob H[_4_]

Ok, thanks for the reply, but I have a couple of more questions now.
In the BIOS/AI Tweaker, everything is set to Auto, except FSB,so I don't
know what the default settings are or should be for the core voltage or
the ram multiplier.
Using CPU-Z on the CPU tab, the core speed is 2008MHz with a multiplier
of 6, but does change up to 3673MHz with a multiplier of 11.
The Bus speed is 334MHz, and the Rated FSB is 1335.8MHz

Thanks

Old September 5th 09, 03:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
General Schvantzkoph

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:44:13 -0700, Bob H wrote:

[...]

Change from AUTO to manual and you should be able to set the other
multipliers and voltages.