Happy with MS-7514 motherboards? Open-box offers and poor reviews

Old November 21st 08, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Matt[_7_]

Default Happy with MS-7514 motherboards? Open-box offers and poor reviews

Dave wrote:
You probably don't need 16GB of RAM capacity, either.

Really, 256K ought to be enough for anybody ...

Don't you find it a little ridiculous when 95% of the motherboards in
use can be maxed out with $50 worth of RAM?

I have a couple of letters from lawyers somewhere around here, asking me
to claim my piece of the pie. (probably a coupon for $10 off a $100
purchase, ha ha) Basically, RAM manufacturers were sued in a class
action suit and LOST. Seems they were price fixing until recently. I
don't find it ridiculous that 95% of motherboards can be maxed out with
$50 worth of RAM. I find it ridiculous that this hasn't always been true.

Ah, so in 1996 we should have been able to get 64MB or RAM (no more than
the max for a Socket 7 motherboard) for $50. The going rate was
something like $600. That might be $1000 in today's dollars. That is
some real price fixing. Want to revise your claim?
Old November 21st 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Dave

Ah, so in 1996 we should have been able to get 64MB or RAM (no more than
the max for a Socket 7 motherboard) for $50. The going rate was something
like $600. That might be $1000 in today's dollars. That is some real
price fixing. Want to revise your claim?

Revise it how, exactly? When prices are "fixed", they are generally "fixed"
to be artificially high. Ummm, what was your question again? -Dave

Old November 21st 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Matt[_7_]

Dave wrote:

Ah, so in 1996 we should have been able to get 64MB or RAM (no more
than the max for a Socket 7 motherboard) for $50. The going rate was
something like $600. That might be $1000 in today's dollars. That is
some real price fixing. Want to revise your claim?

Revise it how, exactly? When prices are "fixed", they are generally
"fixed" to be artificially high. Ummm, what was your question again?
-Dave

As far as I know, "always" includes 1996. I find it implausible that
they could have fixed the price at twelve or twenty times its "natural"
level.
Old November 21st 08, 08:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Dave

Revise it how, exactly? When prices are "fixed", they are generally
"fixed" to be artificially high. Ummm, what was your question again?
-Dave

As far as I know, "always" includes 1996. I find it implausible that
they could have fixed the price at twelve or twenty times its "natural"
level.

I don't. There is no limit on greed. -Dave

Happy as a b White Lotus Dragon Dell Computers 0 May 16th 07 01:36 PM
Not happy Noik Cdr 0 August 1st 04 06:46 AM
cdrw tray won't open with physical button but WILL open with Eject in Explorer RegularJoe Homebuilt PC's 3 January 24th 04 06:29 PM
I am so happy, not!! iTsMeMa Overclocking AMD Processors 2 December 29th 03 11:42 AM
Not happy! Ade Evans Dell Computers 51 December 23rd 03 04:51 PM