AMD Overclocking

Old November 2nd 04, 06:39 AM
RavingRaichu

Default AMD Overclocking

I just won a
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400%20Pro2%20(Re
v%202.0).htm
on ebay, total cost cheaper then newegg.com
They cost 97$ Plus S+H
89.40 is what I paied.

The question.
Does anyone have one of these, and what are they like when it comes to
Overclocking them.
Happy Happy, Joy, Joy. I've wanted one of these for a while.
4xIDE ATA133
2 SATA
4x ddr - Cool- Sweet.
The RavingRaichu. ;-) :-)

Old November 2nd 04, 03:22 PM
Apollo

"rstlne" wrote in message
You won a motherboard for 89.40 when you can buy it for 97$ ..

It's a fairly standard run-of-the-mill motherboard too, I wonder who the
OP will complain too if it fails or doesn't overclock too well. IMHO
he'd be better off with NF7-s (v2) or DFI lanparty, must be raving ;o)

--
Apollo

Old November 2nd 04, 08:30 PM
RavingRaichu

"Apollo" wrote in message

"rstlne" wrote in message
You won a motherboard for 89.40 when you can buy it for 97$ ..

It's a fairly standard run-of-the-mill motherboard too, I wonder who the
OP will complain too if it fails or doesn't overclock too well. IMHO
he'd be better off with NF7-s (v2) or DFI lanparty, must be raving ;o)

--
Apollo

Don't you think I thought of some of that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...10&ssPage Nam
e=STRK:MEWN:IT
& 97$ is without shipping.
89.40 is the total, shipping and insurance.
76$ without shipping and insurance.
I guess I should've said about all of this, cause it still beats newegg's
price.
By the time it would be paid for @ newegg it would total more then 100$ with
any kind of shipping.
Huh? NF7, I no longer want any board that don't have dual bios.
So I guess I'll always be buying Gigabyte boards.

The RavingRaichu. (denny. :-)

Old November 2nd 04, 08:53 PM
RavingRaichu

after another look, yeah, I would've been better off just getting one off of
newegg.com
@ least I have lots of extra cables around.

The RavingRaichu.

Old November 3rd 04, 11:31 PM
YanquiDawg

Contrary to popular opinion, Ebay is not always the best deal.
That said,it seems to have all the latest bells and whistles. Giga bytes boards
aren't really well known as overclocker friendly. But,layely it seems the
motherboard is not as important as the CPU and Ram are. As long as the BIOS has
a good range of voltage settings you should get at least a decent overclock.
Get good quality ram!!! Corsair and Kingmax Hyper-x come to mind.

Old November 4th 04, 07:53 PM
RavingRaichu

"YanquiDawg" wrote in message
Contrary to popular opinion, Ebay is not always the best deal.
That said,it seems to have all the latest bells and whistles. Giga bytes

boards
aren't really well known as overclocker friendly. But,layely it seems the
motherboard is not as important as the CPU and Ram are. As long as the

BIOS has
a good range of voltage settings you should get at least a decent

overclock.
Get good quality ram!!! Corsair and Kingmax Hyper-x come to mind.

Half Kingmax, half no name is going in it.
I just hope I can figure a way to use them the I use to in my
P4.
PC2100 running with PC2700.
All of this ram has been tested to go way over it's specs.
The PC2100 tested at over 2700 speeds.
The PC2700 tested at over 3200 speeds, had it running @ PC3500 speeds.
If I was planning on a lot of Video gaming, that would hurt my speed in it.
But I'm not planing on a lot of video gaming.
Video Capture is what I want to do, and for speed in re-encoding.
I can use the P4 on a network. then I can still do other video capture @
the same time.
My Maxtor 250GB is going in it, the 160GB is going in it.
CD-Rom dvd rom
Lite-on-buslink Old drive now, it will be in the P4 just to install Windows.
Sony DRU-510 DVD +- R RW
I might only format what I need to, so all the files I already have on the
AMD are still there.
The PC2100 is 256 total - 128 x 2
The PC2700 is 512 total - 256 x 2
My Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 is going in the AMD
My Slow, Rage Pro 128 (AIW) with only 32 Megs is also going in it.
Though, it might be worth my while to get a used 3D labs tv card, it
won't help when it comes to a lot of Photo's & stuff to run Win98se.
Win98se will only use up to 64 Megs or so, if any more, not by a lot.
RavingRaichu. ;-) :-)

Old November 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Bobbie Leslie

One of Newegg's biggest and best features is "no shipping
charge"....Check their site again and see....

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:30:13 -0500, "RavingRaichu"

Old November 6th 04, 11:07 PM
Bill

In article , bleslie3
@cox.net says...
One of Newegg's biggest and best features is "no shipping
charge"....Check their site again and see....

snip

If you follow Newegg's priceing for a while you'll
notice the "free shipping" doesn't apply to every item,
and when it does you might find out that the new
"free shipping" price is about the same as last week's
price for the same item added to the then "not free"
cost of shipping.

Bill