ASROCK Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0

Old July 24th 08, 01:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Andy[_8_]

Default ASROCK Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0

I am going to build my son another pc using all his old bit. I also need to
use his AGP card.
I have chosen to go with,

Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4GHz (800MHz) Socket 775 1MB L2 Cache Retail
Kingston 2GB KIT (2X1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL5 Non Ecc 1.8V.

Will the above work together OK?

Will I be able to over-clock it at all and by how much?

Thanks

Andy

Old July 24th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Andy[_8_]

Just read that I can use PC2 6400 in this board, Is this true?

The manual only says PC2 5300.

Thanks

Old July 24th 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Joseph Muggins, Esq.

"Andy" wrote in message
I am going to build my son another pc using all his old bit. I also need to
use his AGP card.
I have chosen to go with,

Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4GHz (800MHz) Socket 775 1MB L2 Cache
Retail
Kingston 2GB KIT (2X1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 CL5 Non Ecc 1.8V.

Will the above work together OK?

Will I be able to over-clock it at all and by how much?

Thanks

Andy

It should be fine with the 667MHz memory modules. My SATA2 board is the
older first revision, and it only recognizes each 1GB 667MHz stick as 512MB
unless I manually set the memory speed to Auto or 533MHz in BIOS. Enable
dual-channel mode, set the overclocking mode to CPU/PCIE Async and increase
the FSB accordingly.
The VIA chipset in this board will not operate beyond an FSB of 290-300MHz
and there's not much you can do about that. It all depends on your
particular E2220 really, and in theory you might get to 3.5GHz, but back in
the real world, I guess it should be good for 3.0-3.2GHz or thereabouts.
I must say though, this strangely-equipped board from Asrock has turned out
to be a rock solid champion of reliability.

Regards,

Dr.White.