Budget motherboard to o/c core2 budget cpu ?

Old March 4th 08, 11:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
davej

Default Budget motherboard to o/c core2 budget cpu ?

Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core cpu.
Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with onboard
graphics - eg G33 or G31 chipset. TIA - Dave

Old March 5th 08, 02:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Paul

DaveJ wrote:
Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core cpu.
Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with onboard
graphics - eg G33 or G31 chipset. TIA - Dave

Whether this is the right answer, really depends on the processor you own.
If it has a low FSB, then this might be a good answer for you. $67.
Two RAM slots. About as basic as it gets, and still an Intel chipset.

GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Paul

Old March 5th 08, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Phil Weldon[_3_]

'DaveJ' wrote:
Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core
cpu. Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with
onboard graphics - eg G33 or G31 chipset. TIA - Dave

_____

WHICH Asrock? micro-ATX? How do you know the Asrock board you used allowed
only 33% overclock? Did you try the Async option and set the CPU clock more
than 33% higher than the stock speed (more than 267 MHz for CPU clock/more
than 1066 MHz FSB?)

Keep in mind that since on-motherboard-graphics prevent program use of some
motherboard installed RAM that on board graphics may significantly reduce
the performance of non-graphics intense applications. Depending on your
requirements, a more overclocking friendly non-Asrock motherboard combined
with an inexpensive PCI-e graphics adapter could be a better choice.

Note this from Intel at
http://download.intel.com/design/chi...s/31697102.pdf

"The Q35/Q33/G35/G33/G31/P35/P31 Express Chipset does not support system
memory frequencies that exceed the frequency of the Front Side Bus. If
memory with
higher frequency capabilities than that of the FSB is populated, the memory
will be
under-clocked to align with the FSB."

Phil Weldon

. uk...

Old March 5th 08, 11:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
davej

"DaveJ" wrote in message
. uk...
Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core
cpu. Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with
onboard graphics - eg G33 or G31 chipset. TIA - Dave

Hi , I'm trying to build budget pc,s using the E1200 and E2xxx cpu's. I
personally have IP35E and my E2180 is sitting at 3.2ghz ok but with Asrock
1333-667 m/b it will not post when set to asynch-have read this on other
forums since I found it for myself. I'll try the gigabyte board -it does
seem to stand out .
I'm in a ****-poor city in uk which people used to call a lada town- a
russian made car which was so bad that it wouldn't have been allowed in
U.S.- nearly every taxi was a lada, they have all died by now!
The e1200 at 2.1ghz was only 37.C when running orthos so I'd like to try a
lot more with one. The need for economy with m/b is that most people do not
appreciate the properties of m/b -the big retailers dell,hp etc. hardly
bother to tell m/b info in their spec. A good m/b and graphics card would
double price of system. tia dave

Budget Solution -- Cheap Core2 vs Cheaper X2 [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 17 January 19th 07 04:39 AM
budget build ? no one Homebuilt PC's 7 September 13th 04 04:32 AM
Best Budget motherboard? Napalm Overclocking AMD Processors 16 December 14th 03 04:41 PM
budget 19" CRT Dave M Homebuilt PC's 9 October 28th 03 10:19 PM