low profile cpu cooler?

Old July 7th 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Funex

Default low profile cpu cooler?

What's a good CPU fan/cooler that isn't hugely tall, so it will fit in
a midsize tower case. Looks like I have about 6 inches of headroom to
put this thing in. Like to replace my stock cooler for my e8400 to try
out some overclocking. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg. So, what
are your recommendations?

Thanks,

Funex
Old July 7th 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Bill

In article ,
says...
What's a good CPU fan/cooler that isn't hugely tall, so it will fit in
a midsize tower case. Looks like I have about 6 inches of headroom to
put this thing in. Like to replace my stock cooler for my e8400 to try
out some overclocking. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg. So, what
are your recommendations?

Thanks,

Funex

I looked he

http://www.frostytech.com/

I chose this one:

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...articleID=2243

because my height restrictions are much tighter than yours
100mm or less in height .

6 inches gives you a lot of heatsinks to choose from.

This ones reasonably priced:

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...articleID=2200
http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2200&page=5

BTW, the Zalman cooler keeps my E8400 under 57C when OC to 3.6GHz
and running Orthos for hours @26C ambient.

Bill
Old July 8th 08, 11:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Impmon

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:29:51 -0700, Funex wrote:

What's a good CPU fan/cooler that isn't hugely tall, so it will fit in
a midsize tower case. Looks like I have about 6 inches of headroom to
put this thing in. Like to replace my stock cooler for my e8400 to try
out some overclocking. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg. So, what
are your recommendations?

GeminII is about 3 inches tall mounted without fan and does well if
your PC case has decent air flow.

Water cooling also works, they only stick maybe 2 inches total plus
tubing.
Old July 8th 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Daniel Bates

Always worth checking:
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/cp...00_detail.html