Quad Core CPU's and Abit AW9D-MAX board?

Old March 10th 08, 07:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
S. Smith

Default Quad Core CPU's and Abit AW9D-MAX board?

I have an Abit AW9D-MAX motherboard in my system right now with an
overclocked Core 2 Duo E6600 (running at 3 Ghz). I am considering
getting the Q6600 Quad Core CPU for that board. The Abit specs
*claim* that the Quad Core CPU's work with that board with the latest
BIOS revision (which I have). But I've read on a couple forums that
the overclocking with the Quad Core's on that board can be a little
problematic.

Anyone here running an OC'd Q6600 successfully on an AW9D-MAX?

- Scott Smith:
MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith