I'm screwed.

Old March 5th 08, 11:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
rpgs rock dvds

Default I'm screwed.

Can't get the large metal plate off my 8800GT so I can begin to remove
the stock cooler. Problem is all my screwdrivers are crap and won't
engage properly in the tiny screw head so I can turn them and unscrew
the buggers. I've got lots of silly little screwdrivers, but I think
I got most of them from ebay, and well, need I say any more?

Any ideas where I can get a quality philips tiny screwdriver from, UK
please.

Cheers, all the best, Rob.
Old March 5th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Eric Parker

"rpgs rock dvds" wrote in message
Can't get the large metal plate off my 8800GT so I can begin to remove
the stock cooler. Problem is all my screwdrivers are crap and won't
engage properly in the tiny screw head so I can turn them and unscrew
the buggers. I've got lots of silly little screwdrivers, but I think
I got most of them from ebay, and well, need I say any more?

Any ideas where I can get a quality philips tiny screwdriver from, UK
please.

Cheers, all the best, Rob.

I got mine from Maplin.
They have all sorts of different screwdrivers or bit sets.

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old March 5th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Phil Weldon[_2_]

RS at http://uk.rs-online.com/web/ ? What you need are drivers with
hardened steel tips, Phillips #0 & Phillips #1. Always use the correct size
for the screw head; usually the largest size driver tip that fits. Once
you've wallowed out the screw head using poor quality or wrong size drivers,
well, it's a pig's wallow. But to my eyes, from the USA, RS prices seem
excessive; more than twice as expensive (£5 vs. $3 US each.) But then here,
at least, you can pick up quality screw drivers an any good hardware store,
even Home Depot.

Phil Weldon

Old March 5th 08, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
rpgs rock dvds

On 5 Mar, 16:25, "Eric Parker"
wrote:
"rpgs rock dvds" wrote in ...

Can't get the large metal plate off my 8800GT so I can begin to remove
the stock cooler. *Problem is all my screwdrivers are crap and won't
engage properly in the tiny screw head so I can turn them and unscrew
the buggers. *I've got lots of silly little screwdrivers, but I think
I got most of them from ebay, and well, need I say any more?

Any ideas where I can get a quality philips tiny screwdriver from, UK
please.

Cheers, all the best, Rob.

I got mine from Maplin.
They have all sorts of different screwdrivers or bit sets.

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Cool. Thanks. I'll check 'em out tomorrow morning.

Are the very tip ends of your philips screwdrivers pointy or flat? I
need the "criss-cross" philips style pattern (for want of a better
description) to be flat at the very tip, because the tiny screws I
need to remove don't have much depth to them - my current philips
precision screwdrivers have pointy tips to them, and once the pointy
tip part is pushed into the screw head, there's then no more room left
for the actual criss-cross bits on the screwdriver to engage in the
screw head part. Sorry for crap explanation.

-Rob.
Old March 5th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
rpgs rock dvds

On 5 Mar, 18:09, "Phil Weldon" wrote:
[...]

Cheers, all the best, Rob.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Phil, I'll look out for those hardened steel tips, best regards
from Robert.
Old March 5th 08, 11:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
General Schvantzkopf

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:39:18 -0800, rpgs rock dvds wrote:

On 5 Mar, 16:25, "Eric Parker"
wrote:
"rpgs rock dvds" wrote in
messagenews:80e1c806-

Can't get the large metal plate off my 8800GT so I can begin to
remove the stock cooler. Â*Problem is all my screwdrivers are crap and
won't engage properly in the tiny screw head so I can turn them and
unscrew the buggers. Â*I've got lots of silly little screwdrivers, but
[...]

What you want is a set of jeweler's screw drivers, you should be able to
find them any place that sells tools. Here is a picture,

http://tinyurl.com/36e7k5

Old March 6th 08, 01:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
rpgs rock dvds

On 5 Mar, 22:38, General Schvantzkopf wrote:
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:39:18 -0800, rpgs rock dvds wrote:
On 5 Mar, 16:25, "Eric Parker"
wrote:
"rpgs rock dvds" wrote in
messagenews:80e1c806-

[...]

http://tinyurl.com/36e7k5- Hide quoted text -

Hi, I think I have something v. similar to these -- they have pointy
ends to them, and I think they don't quite fit the tiny depth screws
I'm trying to remove. I think I need a screwdriver with no pointy bit
on the very tip, just dead-flat at the very end, so I can insert it in
to the very shallow screw head part and get some leverage around the
"criss-cross" section of the screwdriver tip. Thanks anyway, regards,
Robert.
Old March 6th 08, 03:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
rpgs rock dvds

On 5 Mar, 10:17, rpgs rock dvds wrote:
Can't get the large metal plate off my 8800GT so I can begin to remove
the stock cooler. *Problem is all my screwdrivers are crap and won't
engage properly in the tiny screw head so I can turn them and unscrew
the buggers. *I've got lots of silly little screwdrivers, but I think
I got most of them from ebay, and well, need I say any more?

Any ideas where I can get a quality philips tiny screwdriver from, UK
please.

Cheers, all the best, Rob.

Solved. I was idiotically trying to unscrew the screws on the *side*
of the stock cooler, rather than just unscrew the larger screws on the
underside of the unit. I gave up trying to get the small side screws
off, and then noticed a load of bigger screws on the bottom of the
card - took them off - and voila, the entire stock cooler came off
which is what I was trying to do. Oh well, noob mistake I guess.
Cheers, Rob.

Screwed something up :( Larry Roberts Homebuilt PC's 6 October 16th 06 11:52 PM
Am I screwed? Jon General 6 October 18th 05 01:19 AM
Screwed . Compaq Servers 7 September 17th 05 03:29 PM
I think I'm screwed Dusty Steenbock Homebuilt PC's 3 December 12th 04 05:10 PM
Screwed up CD-R? Bruce E. St.John Cdr 2 February 28th 04 02:14 PM