D 805 Overclocking to 4 Ghz?

Old June 2nd 06, 05:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default D 805 Overclocking to 4 Ghz?

'Electrox3d' wrote, in part:
| Anyone have any ideas? Did ANYONE get this stable over 3.6GHz besides
| TomsHardware?
_____

Temperatures? And did Tomshardware state how many Intel Pentium 805 D CPUs
were tried before they got 4 GHz? Your overclock of at 3.6 GHz at no extra
cost is great. Do you want to go for more with expensive exotic cooling
(phase change, as used in refrigeration)?

Phil Weldon

Old June 11th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Just an update, I am running at 3.8 Ghz right now with no heat
problems what so ever. My video card on the other hand, has bad
memory and is causing a lot of problems to arise! But, that is being
replaced in 2 days.

_____

Old June 11th 06, 06:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

'GLoBaLReBeL' wrote:
| Just an update, I am running at 3.8 GHz right now with no heat
| problems what so ever. My video card on the other hand, has bad
| memory and is causing a lot of problems to arise! But, that is being
| replaced in 2 days.
_____

Congratulations! Good job!
Maybe I'll get an 805 D and you can help me out.
What core CPU voltage are you using a 3.8 GHz?

Phil Weldon

"GLoBaLReBeL" wrote in message
. ..
| Just an update, I am running at 3.8 Ghz right now with no heat
| problems what so ever. My video card on the other hand, has bad
| memory and is causing a lot of problems to arise! But, that is being
| replaced in 2 days.
| Phil Weldonwrote:
| 'Electrox3d' wrote, in part:
| | Anyone have any ideas? Did ANYONE get this stable over 3.6GHz
| besides
| | TomsHardware?
| _____
|
| Temperatures? And did Tomshardware state how many Intel Pentium 805
| D CPUs
| were tried before they got 4 GHz? Your overclock of at 3.6 GHz at
| no extra
| cost is great. Do you want to go for more with expensive exotic
| cooling
| (phase change, as used in refrigeration)?
|
| Phil Weldon
|
| "Electrox3d" wrote in message
| | Badda-bing Badda-boom! Thanks Phil.
| |
| | I replaced the 400GB IDE drive that was causing stuttering with
| the
| | mouse with a 80GB raptor WD 10,000 rmp drive and everything is
| full
| | speed now (now that its on SATA as well).
| |
| | For some reason, I can't get an overclock of anything higher than
| | 3.6GHz to be stable. For instance, 3.65GHz restarts after some
| time
| | but 3.6GHz stays strong. I AM upping the CPU core voltage but I'll
| up
| | it but it won't stay stable, so I'll up it some more, then it
| wont
| | boot. So its like it's impossible to get the right voltage to
| work!
| |
| | Anyone have any ideas? Did ANYONE get this stable over 3.6GHz
| besides
| | TomsHardware?
| |

Old June 12th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

I am running it at 1.4278 i believe and I have been getting no hic-ups
at all. CPU throtteling is non-existant. The only thing is, this core
only has 1 MB L2 Cache for each core. I think it would be much nicer
with 2Mb each. But, yea, if you are interested just let me know and
I'll do whatever I can to help ya out.

_____

Congratulations! Good job!
Maybe I'll get an 805 D and you can help me out.
What core CPU voltage are you using a 3.8 GHz?

Phil Weldon

"GLoBaLReBeL" wrote in message
. ..
| Just an update, I am running at 3.8 Ghz right now with no heat
| problems what so ever. My video card on the other hand, has bad
| memory and is causing a lot of problems to arise! But, that is

being
| replaced in 2 days.
| Phil Weldonwrote:
| 'Electrox3d' wrote, in part:
| | Anyone have any ideas? Did ANYONE get this stable over

3.6GHz
| besides
| | TomsHardware?
| _____
|
| Temperatures? And did Tomshardware state how many Intel

Pentium 805
| D CPUs
| were tried before they got 4 GHz? Your overclock of at 3.6

GHz at
| no extra
| cost is great. Do you want to go for more with expensive

exotic
| cooling
| (phase change, as used in refrigeration)?
|
| Phil Weldon
|
| "Electrox3d" wrote in

message
| | Badda-bing Badda-boom! Thanks Phil.
| |
| | I replaced the 400GB IDE drive that was causing stuttering

with
| the
| | mouse with a 80GB raptor WD 10,000 rmp drive and everything

is
| full
| | speed now (now that its on SATA as well).
| |
| | For some reason, I can't get an overclock of anything

higher than
| | 3.6GHz to be stable. For instance, 3.65GHz restarts after

some
| time
| | but 3.6GHz stays strong. I AM upping the CPU core voltage

but I'll
| up
| | it but it won't stay stable, so I'll up it some more, then

it
| wont
| | boot. So its like it's impossible to get the right voltage

| work!
| |
| | Anyone have any ideas? Did ANYONE get this stable over

3.6GHz
| besides
| | TomsHardware?
| |