PCI Ethernet Controller driver for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop

Old August 23rd 04, 02:40 AM
rimo

Default PCI Ethernet Controller driver for Gateway Solo 9100 laptop

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to install a Xircom CEM 56K PCMCIA modem in a used Gateway laptop
I brought. The system recognizes the modem, but it keeps promptng to install
a PCI Ethernet Controller. I do not have the system disk, so how can I find
the proper driver when I don't know the model ? I checked the gateway site
and could not find the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Old August 25th 04, 12:20 AM
Sam Byrams

"rimo" wrote in message . ..
Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to install a Xircom CEM 56K PCMCIA modem in a used Gateway laptop
I brought. The system recognizes the modem, but it keeps promptng to install
a PCI Ethernet Controller. I do not have the system disk, so how can I find
the proper driver when I don't know the model ? I checked the gateway site
and could not find the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xircom was Bought by Intel a couple of years ago and you can download
the correct driver from _somewhere_ on the Intel site.

Are you Rich Modafferi from McIntosh?