Getting Help From HP

Old October 16th 04, 04:10 PM
Trevor

Default Getting Help From HP

I have just been through a nightmare with HP getting my computer fixed
and replaced. I lost an amount of time and money that... the right
hyperbole escapes me. If you've dealt with "customer care", you know
what I mean.

I thought I would try to find some good in all this, and make a little
guide to dealing with HP "customer care."

First, I want to compile a contact list of mid to senior level HP
customer service executives.

HP is spread out all over the world. They guard their phone numbers
and email addresses like their lives depend on it. I have even had
techs refuse to tell me

Please email me any names, email addresses, phone numbers, locations
of HP Customer Service Execs, Senior Case Managers, basically anyone
who gives a **** and has the power and inclination to rectify
situations that have legitimately gone wrong.

My notebook required repair three times and replacement three times.
Computers break. That is not my beef with HP. My beef is had to fight
(and I mean fight) to get them to take responsibility for the problem.

Also, if there are any bitter ex HP techs out there who want to
enlighten me about how HP streams their callers please email me.

Feel free to repost this message.

-Trevor

Old October 16th 04, 05:10 PM
Bill Crocker

Save your breath! Sell the computer, buy something else. We have thousands
of Compaq EVO 610C laptops where I work, that I'm required to support.
Through our corporate contract, their support is fairly good. But the
laptops have had more than acceptable levels of failure. System boards, and
hard drives, like you wouldn't believe. It's a poor design. The hard drive
is positioned over the hot CPU!

Bill Crocker

om...

Old October 16th 04, 11:18 PM
Trevor

Bill:

I hear you.

Can't sell it. It's broken.

Can't afford a new computer.

All I have is steely eyed determination to go into the dark heart of
HP and demand satisfaction from the devil herself.

So if anyone has her contact info (other than the obvious), or the
contact info of any of her senior vice demons, please email or post
her.

-trevor

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message ...
Save your breath! Sell the computer, buy something else. We have thousands
of Compaq EVO 610C laptops where I work, that I'm required to support.
Through our corporate contract, their support is fairly good. But the
laptops have had more than acceptable levels of failure. System boards, and
hard drives, like you wouldn't believe. It's a poor design. The hard drive
is positioned over the hot CPU!

Bill Crocker

om...

Old October 17th 04, 03:38 AM
Lonely Planet Boy

lol...this comes from the same guy that has to ask:

"I just acquired a used Compaq R1500 XR UPS. Are the fans supposed to run
constantly, even when it's not running on batteries?

I used to have a very similar APC UPS, but the fans only ran when the power
failed, and it kicked over to battery power.

Thanks,

"Trevor" wrote in message
m...
[...]

om...

Old October 17th 04, 04:09 AM
Russell Wizinsky

I just spent a couple days with them trying to get their restore cd's to
work for xp home edit on a pent 4 computer. It kept crashing out, I had
also ordered the xp pro edition restore cd's to see if they would install
they worked so I erased them and tried putting the system back to the exact
same as I got from the factory. It still kept crashing. They told me the
hard drive wouldn't work, when I told them I installed pro on it just fine
and win98 just fine they just hung up.
Great service ehh?
Never again, this was my 3rd compaq/hp

om...