Can Nero Burning ROM read Linux ISO file ?

Old January 31st 05, 08:26 PM
goolu

Default Can Nero Burning ROM read Linux ISO file ?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Linux and want to install Red Hat Linux in my PC. I
downloaded the ISO files of RH9 from net and try to use NERO (version
5.0.5.1) to produce CD from the ISO files. However, I found NERO
couldn't read those ISO files although it's open file option has ISO
file as one of it's readable file type. Finally, I need to use
MagicISO to extract the .rpm files from the downloaded ISO files and
continue with installation.

PS: My MagicISO is just a trial version so it lacks the burn CD from
ISO file function. Only the NERO is a formal copy.

I would like to ask will higher version of NERO could read ISO file of
Linux software ? Or ISO files for Windows softwares are different from
that of Linux based softwares such that NERO could never read those
Linux software ISO files.

Old January 31st 05, 09:51 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

goolu wrote:

I'm a newbie to Linux and want to install Red Hat Linux in my PC. I
downloaded the ISO files of RH9 from net and try to use NERO (version
5.0.5.1)

Update to 5.5.10.56:
http://www.nero.com/us/Update_Nero_Burning_ROM.html

to produce CD from the ISO files. However, I found NERO
couldn't read those ISO files although it's open file option has ISO
file as one of it's readable file type.

You "burn" the .iso. Puzzling what you mean by "read".

Nero 5.5: [File, Burn Image], then point to the .iso.

Nero 5.0:
http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/resources/newbies/burning/

Finally, I need to use
MagicISO to extract the .rpm files from the downloaded ISO files and
continue with installation.

You don't need to extract anything if you "burn" the .iso. But if you
want to extract files from image files, these two free programs will do
so:

CDmage: http://www.geocities.com/cdmage/left.html
IsoBuster: http://www.isobuster.com

PS: My MagicISO is just a trial version so it lacks the burn CD from
ISO file function. Only the NERO is a formal copy.

I would like to ask will higher version of NERO could read ISO file of
Linux software ? Or ISO files for Windows softwares are different from
that of Linux based softwares such that NERO could never read those
Linux software ISO files.

Again, you "burn" ISO files, not "read" them. I would update to
5.5.10.56 as burning .iso is made simpler.

[File, Burn Image], navigate to the .iso file and then double click it.
Most likely you will be taken to "Write CD" window with Burn tab
opened. Check "Finalize CD" and select "Disc-At-Once" for Write Method
drop down menu.

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!

--------------------------------------
Old February 1st 05, 12:56 AM
Gunther

I had no problems whatever burning redhat's .ISOs with Nero,
and I've done it for the past several releases RH7, 8, 9,
and FC1, 2, and 3. An ISO is an ISO. Are you certain you
got the entire file, and that you used the "binary" option
of FTP?
If you've installed Nero's image drive facility, you can
try to mount those iso files using it. You can then see
what's down there, copy out any rpms you need, print off
docs, etc, all without wasting a blank CDR.

Old February 1st 05, 02:58 AM
Dan G

I'm not sure about this old version of Nero. That was around the time that
they added support for ISO, so there could be issues. Current versions (5.5
and 6.x) will read and create ISO just fine.

"goolu" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Linux and want to install Red Hat Linux in my PC. I
downloaded the ISO files of RH9 from net and try to use NERO (version
5.0.5.1) to produce CD from the ISO files. However, I found NERO
couldn't read those ISO files although it's open file option has ISO
file as one of it's readable file type. Finally, I need to use
MagicISO to extract the .rpm files from the downloaded ISO files and
continue with installation.

PS: My MagicISO is just a trial version so it lacks the burn CD from
ISO file function. Only the NERO is a formal copy.

I would like to ask will higher version of NERO could read ISO file of
Linux software ? Or ISO files for Windows softwares are different from
that of Linux based softwares such that NERO could never read those
Linux software ISO files.

Nero and dvd-r failure Blair Wilson Cdr 1 February 5th 04 08:23 AM
Nero 6 actual burning speed BobS Cdr 4 January 27th 04 11:44 PM
Nero 6 actual burning speed BobS Cdr 0 January 27th 04 12:53 PM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 06:47 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM