Windows 2000 won't install to SATA drive on Albatron KX18D Pro II Motherboard

Old February 25th 04, 05:38 AM
JRS

Default Windows 2000 won't install to SATA drive on Albatron KX18D Pro II Motherboard

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone had found the solution to this strange
problem. I have been struggling with an install of Windows 2000 to the
SATA drive. Everything is great until the drive finishes it's
formatting. It finishes at 100% and doesn't go any further as it just
becomes hung up..... I reboot and try to do an complete an
installation but the system reports that the drive is either damaged
and / or that it needs formatting.

I installed XP Home and DID NOT have this problem. Unfortunately this
system HAS to have Windows 2000 installed on it......

Any suggestions ???

Thanks,

FC

-Booting to the Win2k CD
-F6 to use Raid driver from MOBO CD
-Format drive to 100%
-Left hanging there.......
Old February 25th 04, 12:20 PM
billy_bat

"JRS" wrote in message
om...
: Hi there,
:
[...]

try booting from a floppy and formatting from it, then installing Win2K.

--
Good Luck!
BB

Questions about SATA Hard Drive w NCQ General 2 December 2nd 04 06:53 AM
windows XP format hdd Christo General 2 November 19th 04 07:48 PM
two hd's on same IDE channel Steve James General 25 March 13th 04 12:06 AM
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit,Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new! TEL Overclocking AMD Processors 0 January 1st 04 06:59 PM
Issue with 160gb SATA drive +xp !! (not the "install sp1 one) Jan Ohlsson Homebuilt PC's 2 October 10th 03 07:42 PM