LCD monitor - Eizo 1931

Old May 23rd 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
di0xid

Default LCD monitor - Eizo 1931

Hello

I strongly need your opinion on LCD monitor Eizo 1931 I've read many
tests about it (maybe too many so i'm confused now .
I need monitor for purposes like long-time reading many texts (especially
e-books in pdfs), browsing the Internet, programing - writing and reading
source codes and maybe watching movies - but only from time to time.

I want monitor to be as healthy for my eyes as it possibly can be. It's
mainly because I spent many hours in front of the monitor - even 13 hours a
day (both day and night).

BTW. It's 19" monitor. It'll be situated 90cm in front of my eyes (small
desk) - isn't it too close for monitor of that size??

I will be very grateful if you help me take final decision. Thanks in
advance for any hints and opinions. I cannot afford a monitor more
expensive than this one, but maybe you know a monitor a lot better in
similar price, if so of course you can suggest it.

--
If you want to contact me via e-mail, remove NOSPAM before '@'.
Best regards
Old May 24th 07, 12:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Quaoar

di0xid wrote:
[...]

IMO, YMMV. Most current monitors will do what you need. Ninety cm,
almost a meter, is pretty distant in most normal use. My monitors are
at about 0.4 meter. I adjust the brightness when, and if, my eyes tire.

Old May 24th 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Thu, 24 May 2007 00:48:48 +0200, di0xid
wrote:

Hello

I strongly need your opinion on LCD monitor Eizo 1931 I've read many
tests about it (maybe too many so i'm confused now .
I need monitor for purposes like long-time reading many texts (especially
e-books in pdfs), browsing the Internet, programing - writing and reading
source codes and maybe watching movies - but only from time to time.

I want monitor to be as healthy for my eyes as it possibly can be. It's
mainly because I spent many hours in front of the monitor - even 13 hours a
day (both day and night).

BTW. It's 19" monitor. It'll be situated 90cm in front of my eyes (small
desk) - isn't it too close for monitor of that size??

No, if anything 90cm might be a bit far away to use a 19"
monitor as many websites /etc these days use small fonts.
Otherwise it is an acceptible distance, not too close.

I will be very grateful if you help me take final decision. Thanks in
advance for any hints and opinions. I cannot afford a monitor more
expensive than this one, but maybe you know a monitor a lot better in
similar price, if so of course you can suggest it.

Since I have never seen the Eizo 1931 I can't make any kind
of recommendation about this.

Eizo Flexscan L557??? Thunder9 General 7 September 30th 03 03:18 PM
Eizo Flexscan L557??? Thunder9 Homebuilt PC's 7 September 30th 03 03:18 PM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro + EIZO T965 21" = blurry image! Øyvind Strand Ati Videocards 13 September 18th 03 05:49 PM
Eizo Monitors Roger UK Computer Vendors 0 August 31st 03 09:14 PM
Eizo T766 and VGA cables Halfgaar General 0 August 16th 03 04:32 PM