How to choose a new laptop

Old May 20th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
timekiller

Default How to choose a new laptop

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory? what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

Old May 20th 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

timekiller wrote:
I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory? what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

Here's a shocker: Your "recommendations" look startlingly like
advertisements.
Old May 20th 07, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Grinder wrote:
timekiller wrote:
I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when
buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory?
what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

Here's a shocker: Your "recommendations" look startlingly like
advertisements.

Are you suggesting that someone would actually SPAM this pristine
newsgroup? I am totally devastated!

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old May 20th 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

John McGaw wrote:
Grinder wrote:
timekiller wrote:
I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when
buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory?
what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

Here's a shocker: Your "recommendations" look startlingly like
advertisements.

Are you suggesting that someone would actually SPAM this pristine
newsgroup? I am totally devastated!

I don't necessarily hold that opinion, but I might if we could agree
upon a suitable stipend.
Old May 20th 07, 11:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:55:17 +0100, "timekiller"
wrote:

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory? what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

I don't think you are asked at all, you are too busy
spamming them.
Old May 21st 07, 02:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

timekiller wrote:

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for
when buying a new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor?
how much memory? what do you recommend? I have given my opinions
and recommended some great systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

Avoid Vista. Read the following URLs.

--
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423

Old May 21st 07, 09:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

timekiller wrote:

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when buying
a new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory?
what do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

If some one asked you the above question the question you should ask them is
what do they intend to use a pc/laptop for ? and then base recommendations
around that.

Another is speed really that o
Old May 21st 07, 09:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

darklight wrote:

timekiller wrote:

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when
buying a new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much
memory? what do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended
some great systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

If some one asked you the above question the question you should ask them
is what do they intend to use a pc/laptop for ? and then base
recommendations around that.

Another is speed really that important?

Old May 22nd 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

timekiller wrote:

I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for
when buying a new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor?
how much memory? what do you recommend? I have given my opinions
and recommended some great systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

The answer is NO. Read the following URLs.

Old August 31st 07, 07:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ProfGene

timekiller wrote:
I am regularly asked by friends and customers what to look for when buying a
new laptop. 'Should I go for Vista? which processor? how much memory? what
do you recommend? I have given my opinions and recommended some great
systems he

http://www.pc-how-to.com/hardware/newlaptop.htm

If you say what you are going to use it for then it would be easier to
make a recommendation. If you are going to do video editing you might
want one with a larger hard drive but that would boost the price. If you
are not going to save large files on it then you could get one with
say an 80 gig drive. Also whether you will burn DVD's or CDs makes a
difference in how much you need to spend. You should also pay attention
to the ports how many USB ports will you need or other types of
connecting outlets. Everything is determined by what you plan to use it
for If you are likely to give it rough treatment there are laptops that
are built for more rugged use.

Help me choose kathe Dell Computers 24 April 27th 07 05:01 PM
Which laptop to choose: Lenovo ThinkPad R60, Lenovo 3000 N100 orHP Compaq Business Notebook nx9420? Jef Driesen General 1 January 17th 07 07:15 PM
If you had to choose.... Gojira General 4 July 2nd 05 04:12 AM
Which would you choose?? A.Cowan Homebuilt PC's 11 May 17th 04 10:14 AM
Which to choose? Nicolaas Hawkins Printers 0 April 27th 04 07:07 AM